Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the religious beat their children into submission for god
the religious beat their children into submission for god
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-scha...77778.html

There's a few c........s here that have obviously been through this:
A child-raising book that advocates whipping with branches and belts has sold hundreds of thousands of copies to evangelical Christians. But the deaths of three children whose parents appear to have been influenced by the authors' teachings have provoked a growing backlash.
The implements can vary. For a child under one year old, a willowy branch or a 1ft (30cm) ruler is recommended. For older children, a larger branch or a belt.
But the objective of the "spanking" described in Michael and Debi Pearl's To Train Up a Child is the same - making children surrender completely to their parents' will.
"Training is the conditioning of the child's mind before the crisis arises; it is preparation for future, instant, unquestioning obedience," reads a passage from the book's first chapter.

Now we know already for ages that religion only can survive by indoctrination by force.

IMOF religion is fashism ..when will it finally come so far that religion will be forbidden under the anti terrorism laws and be made punishable by death..??
RE: the religious beat their children into submission for god
Funny that the area of the world in which Christianity is growing fastest is China, where the practice of Christianity is suppressed by the government.

Religion is strange fruit. It grows best underground.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(December 11, 2013 at 7:35 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Funny that the area of the world in which Christianity is growing fastest is China, where the practice of Christianity is suppressed by the government.

yeah , religion indeed preys on the non educated...
(December 11, 2013 at 7:35 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Funny that the area of the world in which Christianity is growing fastest is China, where the practice of Christianity is suppressed by the government.

When you're persecuted you become stronger as a group because it reinforces the us/them mentality and it becomes us against the world. You're much less likely to abandon your group.

The idea that beating children is an acceptable form of discipline is not uncommon, especially in asian communities. It's an awful practice but it definitely isn't limited to biblical teachings although any attempt to spread this sort of practice is disgusting.

(December 11, 2013 at 7:40 am)daandaan Wrote:

yeah , religion indeed preys on the non educated...

Are you implying that people in china are uneducated?
(December 11, 2013 at 7:49 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote:

When you're persecuted you become stronger as a group because it reinforces the us/them mentality and it becomes us against the world. You're much less likely to abandon your group.

The idea that beating children is an acceptable form of discipline is not uncommon, especially in asian communities. It's an awful practice but it definitely isn't limited to biblical teachings although any attempt to spread this sort of practice is disgusting.

(December 11, 2013 at 7:40 am)daandaan Wrote: yeah , religion indeed preys on the non educated...

Are you implying that people in china are uneducated?

most of them ...
ROFLOL

The chinese middle class outnumbers the entire population of the USA. So yeah, they have a lot of uneducated people. And? There also are more uneducated people in south america than there are in luxembourg, what does that prove?
(December 11, 2013 at 11:21 am)Optimistic Mysanthrope Wrote: ROFLOL

The chinese middle class outnumbers the entire population of the USA. So yeah, they have a lot of uneducated people. And? There also are more uneducated people in south america than there are in luxembourg, what does that prove?

it proves that religion preys upon the undecated succesfully ..
(December 11, 2013 at 7:31 am)daandaan Wrote: For a child under one year old, a willowy branch or a 1ft (30cm) ruler is recommended.

This is just fucking child abuse. There is NO reason a child under a year old should be spanked AT ALL. Children that young don't understand what they're doing, and they won't understand why someone is causing them pain.

I really wish that Child Protective Services could track everyone who buys that book.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
With you on the willow branch, but not on the spanking.

We but I've no problem. With people who do.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(December 11, 2013 at 2:12 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote:
(December 11, 2013 at 7:31 am)daandaan Wrote: For a child under one year old, a willowy branch or a 1ft (30cm) ruler is recommended.

This is just fucking child abuse. There is NO reason a child under a year old should be spanked AT ALL. Children that young don't understand what they're doing, and they won't understand why someone is causing them pain.

I really wish that Child Protective Services could track everyone who buys that book.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25268343

To Train Up a Child has sold more than 800,000 copies, according to Michael Pearl. Sales have remained steady in recent years and are only boosted by attacks, he says. "We have several million very happy and cheerful parents and kids who've seen great, wonderful fruit from that book and other things we've written."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1455 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5646 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 573 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9860 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 783 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2556 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1044 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Palestinian rock throwing, but isnt that against their religion? Kimbi 1 514 September 4, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1665 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2555 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist