Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Atheism for Me?
Is Atheism for Me?
Look, here's the deal. I believe in God. I love God. But I kinda think Atheism is cool and I wanna try it out. Should I?
RE: Is Atheism for Me?
Atheism is not a choice. You either believe in gods or a particular god or you don't. If you believe in your god, then by default you are not an atheist.

Promoting science, accepting the theory of evolution, defending the separation between church and state, all those things are not relevant to Atheism. Atheism is nothing more than not believing in gods.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
You seem to be mistaking atheism for something else. The correct definition aside, what would being an atheist to you entail? Tell us this and we should be able to help you apply the correct label to whatever it is you want to be.
Hoi Zaeme.
Troll alet.
I concur, it is not a choice. Science happens to be a trend that follows atheism but, science doesn't always induce atheism within one. Most atheists are very logical, or else there may be no reason for that person to be an atheist. Sadly, you can't prove a negative, so proving god does not exists is a very hard thing to do, but so is proving it. Most theistic arguments are easily refuted with logic.
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
LOL, I think that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Well if you want to 'try it out' you need to stop believing in sky-daddy first. Then you can come back and play with us.
binnyCoffee
If you say it isn't a choice then we're all atheists... because no one has evidence.

athism is the default position. No one is born believing in a deity, it's an intellectual position. Atheism is kinda cool coz you get to have some fun; especially if you like the subject of religion. In fact atheists seem more interested in religion than anyone I know. Hence the reason I'm here. I expect to see everyone here in Heaven. This is the party!

Smile
Winners don't do atheism.
- Meatball
(November 13, 2009 at 1:30 am)Ruff-n-TuffAtheistBuff Wrote: Look, here's the deal. I believe in God. I love God. But I kinda think Atheism is cool and I wanna try it out. Should I?

Oi, oi, oi...

You don't just "try it out". It's not something you can go to and say, "Eh, I'll just go back when I feel like it." You have to rational about it. It's not "rebelling" if you become an "Atheist" to torture religious parents. It's just being an idiot.
If you believe in God, you're not an Atheist, or even Agnostic. And you can never become either if you keep believing in God. Look up some stuff on Atheism and determine which sounds more rational...
God or Rationality?
(November 13, 2009 at 2:30 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: If you say it isn't a choice then we're all atheists... because no one has evidence.

athism is the default position. No one is born believing in a deity, it's an intellectual position. Atheism is kinda cool coz you get to have some fun; especially if you like the subject of religion. In fact atheists seem more interested in religion than anyone I know. Hence the reason I'm here. I expect to see everyone here in Heaven. This is the party!

Smile

PFFFSH. I'm goin' to Hell... I hear Satan's a girl, and that she's pretty cute...
Not to mention I get to party. 8D PARTY IN HELL!! *dancedancedance*
╔═╪══╬═╦╦═╬══╪═╗
║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ McGodless! ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ║
Bah-bah-bah-bah-bahhh~!
║♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ I'm lovin' it! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪║
╚═╪══╬═╩╩═╬══╪═╝

"And God said, drunk, 'Let there be Tails Turrosaki,' and there was Tails."
(November 13, 2009 at 4:59 pm)Tails Turrosaki Wrote: God or Science?

LMAO