Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boehner rebukes Tea Party
Boehner rebukes Tea Party
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/john-boeh...d=21181714

The GOP is in such a mess these days. You know the teabaggers are annoying when their own party leader gets tired of them.

Quote:"They're using our members and they're using the American people for their own goals," Boehner said, his voice rising with anger during a news conference at the Capitol today.

Um... isn't that what you've been doing, too?

In other news, Hell officially froze over:

[Image: hell-freezes-over.jpg]
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Boehner rebukes Tea Party
The GOP is probably concerned that the Tea Party will split the vote in coming elections, which would benefit Democrat candidates. This could be an indicator that the GOP has decided that trying to rein the Tea Party in hasn't worked and it's time to draw a line in the sand, in the hopes that they can limit the damage to the near term.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I like the tea party. It hobbles the republican party.
Boehner does not understand that the tea baggers ARE the republicunt party.

It is one of many things that Boehner does not understand.
(December 12, 2013 at 2:49 pm)Chuck Wrote: I like the tea party. It hobbles the republican party.

The Republican Party hobbles the Republican Party. They insist upon a platform which is against women, blacks, Latinos, the poor, gays, and anyone not Christian and then they wonder why there aren't enough rich, white, Christian men to vote their guy into office.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I think he was already pissed off, and this time, his testicles worked accidentally.
The trouble for the GOP is that they're hopelessly married to the Tea Party. There just aren't enough moderates in the Republican Party to tell the fundamentalist conservatives to pipe down. Without the support of the teabaggers the GOP would be absolutely nowhere. And if the teabaggers think that all the mainstream Repubs are all RINO's and not extreme enough, then there's always the chance they'll break off and form their own party (oh how I wish they would). It would effectively eliminate the waning power the GOP still has.

On the other hand, it's not like the teabaggers are going to go out and vote for Democrats, but it's possible they'll most likely stay home on election day (like so many did last November because Romney is a Mormon) or else finally split off from the GOP.

At any rate, it must not be a fun time to be a Republican.
The tea party has been pushing the Republican party into being too extreme to win mainstream votes. I think it was the government shutdown that finally convinced a lot of Republicans of this. The only problem is that if individua house candidates try to be nice and get along and make compromises from time to time, they're gonna be voted out of office in their heavily gerrimandered districts.

This would be a perfect time for us to do something about gerrimandering and, as a result, have politicians who are more willing to cooperate with each other. The Republicans should want it since they won't have to pander to extremes anymore and the Democrats should want it since it will help them win the house. Unfortunately, neither one is going to actually change things.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I was raised republican, but nowadays I just have no excuse for them. The shutdown and such are pretty much the last straw, though I probably should have left about the time I became an atheist that doesn't hate homosexuality. I'm certainly not racist enough for my folks because I believe interracial marriage is good for the species.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Bipartisan budget deal just passed 332 - 94. The Tea Party death march has officially commenced.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 748 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 271 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1496 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1421 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Refusing service because of political party. brewer 212 30422 July 11, 2018 at 3:18 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Green Party, Huh? Minimalist 0 346 March 17, 2018 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Watch Out For The Poison Tea, Man Minimalist 4 492 March 16, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  “F*ck Chaffetz, f*ck Jordan,” Boehner said to Alberta. “They’re both a**holes.” Minimalist 3 541 October 29, 2017 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Crazies Will Run This Poor Bastard Out of the Republicunt Party Minimalist 0 432 September 28, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them? Mystical 63 15846 June 3, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand