Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last compliment you received
The last compliment you received
Spill it here.
RE: The last compliment you received
"It's really cool how you ghost inhale." (paraphrased)
(December 18, 2013 at 12:22 pm)Nineteen Wrote: Yes , you're right .

When in group, and talking about how my tendency to respond to conflict with aggression and hostility, and how that kaboshed my career as a moderator here, another member told me he didn't see me as that one dimensional, despite my casting myself in that mold (the therapist termed it "constricted" to responding aggressively). He said he found me funny, and warm, and stuff. I confess, I wasn't listening too well to the specifics, as I was well on my way to combating his assertions about me, and doing my best to interrupt with assertions of "how things really are." Smile

I know I can be and am those things. I just wasn't them when I needed to be. Oh well, another year-end catastrophe. I'm guessing this is going to be a regular pattern for a few years at least. I'd best strap myself in now.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
On my date last night: "You're cuter than a bug's butt."
Professor yesterday told me I passed my final exam with "flying colors." That was my last compliment I got.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I was trying on my outfit for my workplace's 'Little Christmas"* celebration, and asked Scruffy what he thought. He said that I should know by now that he has no opinion whatsoever, but that to him I'm always gorgeous. Smile

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

"You're a great help." From my wife's sister after helping her get moved into her house.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Women I work with said "ahh your such a sweetheart"
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
From my dad: "Happy Birthday to my youngest and beautiful daughter today."

He left out "most" but I'll forgive him. Smile
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5426 474830 Yesterday at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 555 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1638 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2144 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1704 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  Save the best for last person brewer 23 1885 September 16, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The last person to post wins ! Leo34 13901 981593 May 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1069 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Last movie you didn't watch Fake Messiah 43 2785 November 16, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  My kid received this while Trick or Treating.... Figbash 33 2248 November 5, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie