Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Obama guilty of war crimes?
Is Obama guilty of war crimes?
This guy has killed innocent men, women and children with his drones. I think a few days ago a wedding party in Yemen was bombed by accident.
He should be held accountable.

manowar
RE: Is Obama guilty of war crimes?
Pretty much every US president ever has technically committed war crimes. I'm not going to give Obama special treatment.
Obama should just send all the money he spends on drone strikes to Israel instead.
Drones have been in use since the beginning of the Bush years.

I would not say ever President, but a majority of them.

War is horrible. I do not think we will ever be able to remove innocents from dying in a war.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
If Bush was not held accountable for war crimes, why should Obama?

Yes, presidents should be held accountable for war crimes, but we live in a country where they are not.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I want to say public and government policy would not allow the war crimes.

This will expose the policy and the intent of the government. We do not like giving away or insight to our secretive policy making.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
You need to have clear definition of a war crime.
For instance the president is not responsible for drone pilot shooting the wrong target.
Also, every strike is authorized by local governments. So, local government officials take the risk of collateral damage.
(December 19, 2013 at 12:06 pm)feeling Wrote: You need to have clear definition of a war crime.
For instance the president is not responsible for drone pilot shooting the wrong target.
He is Commander-in- chief, He knows the risks of what can and already has happened and still has drones fire away, and people wonder why America is so hated.

manowar
Who's going to hold the president accountable? The UN? The UK? Russia? China? Without the military power to enforce your authority, you can't do much. The UN is the only organization that kinda has that kind of authority, but they depend HEAVILY on money and military force from the US to carry out their actions. No way they're going into conflict with us. If Russia or China tried anything, it would turn into World War 3 and everyone knows it. The UK is too much of an allie of ours to try anything, either. Other than that, nobody has enough military power to do very much to us. Sure, some other nations can hurt us, kinda like Bin Laden did with 9/11, but we'll hurt them back and we'll hurt them worse.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudan: The real cause behind the war WinterHold 4 478 June 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1264 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The problem with "Hate crimes". onlinebiker 25 1158 February 11, 2022 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3138 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump declaring civil war, turning to global WW3 WinterHold 19 834 November 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1464 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1489 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 555 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 935 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1089 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama