Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A faithless nation
A faithless nation
I have a dream, that one day we can set religions aside and work out our problems together.

Anyone with half a brain should realize how religions impact societies in a very negative way.

I just wanna punch a religious person between the eyes and yell "Wake UP"!!
RE: A faithless nation
So...your solution to negative influences on society is to go round punching people?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Clearly the religious have gotten to him, Boru...
(December 20, 2013 at 4:25 am)Vegamo Wrote: I have a dream, that one day we can set religions aside and work out our problems together.

Anyone with half a brain should realize how religions impact societies in a very negative way.

Allah answers that in Surat Al-Baqarah 2:216 which says:

"[...] has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not."

Surat Al-Baqarah 2:13 says:

"And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not."

Your reasoning will never work to convince a Muslim because the author of the Qur'an took care of trashing you before you even had a chance to make such an argument. You have to read that to get an idea what its weak points are and play on those alone or else you're just making their faith stronger because you validate these verses ^.^
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
(December 20, 2013 at 8:55 am)Ksa Wrote: Your reasoning will never work to convince a Muslim because the author of the Qur'an took care of trashing you before you even had a chance to make such an argument. You have to read that to get an idea what its weak points are and play on those alone or else you're just making their faith stronger because you validate these verses ^.^

Heh, the bible also has its prehemptive warnings about unbelievers, like that fool one (don't remember the verse and my memory is better used to more usefull information). It should be more sophisticated, given that it was concocted more than a thousand years later.
(December 20, 2013 at 8:55 am)Ksa Wrote:
(December 20, 2013 at 4:25 am)Vegamo Wrote: I have a dream, that one day we can set religions aside and work out our problems together.

Allah answers that in Surat Al-Baqarah 2:216 which says:

"[...] has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not."

"And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not."

Your reasoning will never work to convince a Muslim because the author of the Qur'an took care of trashing you before you even had a chance to make such an argument. You have to read that to get an idea what its weak points are and play on those alone or else you're just making their faith stronger because you validate these verses ^.^

It's not about faith though, anyone can write the Quran if it promises dominance over the masses. We got huge nuclear explosions happening outside our galaxy and we are still thinking god cares about what we ate and who we had sex with. Stupid!
User(s) browsing this thread: Ksa, Vegamo, Nineteen

Reload page.

User(s) browsing this thread: Ksa, Vegamo

LOL
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
(December 20, 2013 at 1:30 pm)Vegamo Wrote:
(December 20, 2013 at 8:55 am)Ksa Wrote: Allah answers that in Surat Al-Baqarah 2:216 which says:

It's not about faith though, anyone can write the Quran if it promises dominance over the masses. We got huge nuclear explosions happening outside our galaxy and we are still thinking god cares about what we ate and who we had sex with. Stupid!

The argument of care is flawed though. Omnipotent god would have time to care about anything no matter how small or insignificant.
Also omniscient god would know everything and therefore have ability to care about little things.
But human suffering is not a little thing in my opinion.
(December 20, 2013 at 1:57 pm)feeling Wrote:
(December 20, 2013 at 1:30 pm)Vegamo Wrote: It's not about faith though, anyone can write the Quran if it promises dominance over the masses. We got huge nuclear explosions happening outside our galaxy and we are still thinking god cares about what we ate and who we had sex with. Stupid!

The argument of care is flawed though. Omnipotent god would have time to care about anything no matter how small or insignificant.
Also omniscient god would know everything and therefore have ability to care about little things.
But human suffering is not a little thing in my opinion.

It's just dumb to think that way. Children don't choose where to be born. If I was born and raised in a tribe off the corners of Africa from parents that worshipped some voodoo shit, you are damn right I'm gonna worship that crap.

There is no god, there is a matrix or program of some sort that sets the rules and boundaries of physics and chemistry in our universe and it's up to anybody to use and alter as long as we are abiding the rules.

To say some holy crap happened and now all we gotta do is obey a book and everything should go fine and dandy is pretty stupid if you ask me.
(December 20, 2013 at 4:30 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: So...your solution to negative influences on society is to go round punching people?

Boru

The idea has some merit. I've felt that way myself on occasion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Nation under god Lemonvariable72 14 3733 July 29, 2015 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Understanding This "One Nation Under God" Thing Michael Schubert 4 2166 July 29, 2013 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  America - A Christian Nation! tavarish 23 7928 April 20, 2010 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist