Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:54 pm

Poll: Which windows OS do you like?
This poll is closed.
windows XP
11.11%
3 11.11%
windows visat
0%
0 0%
windows 7
62.96%
17 62.96%
windows 8
0%
0 0%
windows 8.1
3.70%
1 3.70%
None
22.22%
6 22.22%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which windows OS do you like?
Question 
Which windows OS do you like?
In iran cracked softwares selling in shop.
for exam windows 8 and 7 is 3$.
Therefore we exam all versions of softwares.

I installed win8 and win 8.1 but I remove them and install again win7.

I think,User interface and tools interfice of win8/win8.1 is not good.

Which user/tools interface of windows do you like?

RE: Which windows OS do you like?
I've always had a soft spot for XP, since that was the first one I had once I got access to my own pc (before that I was an Amiga guy). Since that gave up the ghost and went to silicon heaven, I've had Vista on our laptop but found it so incredibly unusable, in fact almost an unfinished version of the Windows 7 I now use all the time. It does pretty much everything I want it to do, apart from having an inbuilt stereo mixer option to allow direct recording of pc sound. I miss that.

I was initially put off Windows 8, having heard some horror stories about how user unfriendly it is and how it basically turns your pc into a glorified iphone complete with apps but without the user friendliness. However, having sampled a laptop of someone else who was also W8-sceptic (and in fact told me how lousy it was) I have to say I wouldn't mind running it myself. Still, in the meantime I'll be happy with my W7; and if anyone has any suggestions how to record live pc sounds in the absence of the stereo mixer option, I'll happily listen.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Wheres the option for windows 98
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

(December 21, 2013 at 5:30 am)victor4128 Wrote: Wheres the option for windows 98

I remove it because it is too out of that for using new softwares.
Also he had not user good account and its networks was poor.

My brother has Windows 8 on his laptop. I die a little inside on those rare occasions I'm forced to use it. Windows 7 is far superior.
Xp is good. I've heard good things about win 7. Running 8 and despise it with a passion.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Windows 7 is good. Rest sucks cocks.
Windows Me worked well for me, at a time when win98 SE kept crashing its explorer.exe... Tongue

I can't say I've used win8 enough to form an opinion... the "start menu" is too different from what I've gotten used to since win95, but everything else seems similar (if not equal) to win7.
Win7 is working quite well on my home PC and laptop... however, for work, where I need to connect to other PCs running linux, I too have taken to using linux... ssh -X (without having to resort to Xming) is a wonderful thing indeed

(December 21, 2013 at 5:28 am)Stimbo Wrote: and if anyone has any suggestions how to record live pc sounds in the absence of the stereo mixer option, I'll happily listen.
Really? No stereo mixer?
Do you have your drivers installed?

Look at what this kids does... maybe it helps:

(December 21, 2013 at 8:49 am)pocaracas Wrote: Windows Me worked well for me

You're fired. Yep, pack your things and go!
I have the latest Windows 8.1 on my computer now. I upgraded from XP which I had had from the beginning of time.

Takes a bit of getting used to, and some things are just daft, but otherwise its fine. I live on the desktop and almost never use their phone like interface.

My daughter had Windows 7. I upgraded her to 8 - she hated it and so I downgraded her back to 7.

Now she wants 8 again. Typical!!

Wife's new machine from work is also 8 and that is a touch-screen - fold up into a tablet like HP. Its good - she loves it.

Overall - I like 8 but that appears to be a rare thing outside of this house.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows defender has, once again, incorrectly identified my program as malware! FlatAssembler 36 780 February 22, 2024 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] Windows Movie Maker Help T.J. 6 700 November 29, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Windows Security plus Win 11 Oldandeasilyconfused 2 350 November 25, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Windows 11. Install it; Yes/ No/Wait Oldandeasilyconfused 24 2168 November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Windows 11? Angrboda 29 2327 September 23, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: no one
  Anybody ever run Windows 10 on server hardware? popeyespappy 1 535 November 6, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 886 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Getting a Windows 98 game to run on modern windows vulcanlogician 23 2161 January 19, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013 Rhondazvous 18 3874 January 9, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Windows 10 Running Slow A Theist 30 8024 June 2, 2017 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Joods