Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
society's problems
society's problems
[Image: LIFEREALLY_zps811a7116.jpg]
RE: society's problems
I don't quite get it. Sad
I don't get it. What's the signification of the image ? can you explain it ?
It means that some parents (the ones portrayed in the drawing) want their children to be like them and generally disapprove of their behavior on a "is he behaving like me" basis rather than "is he behaving correctly". All you gotta do is stay in the back while I drive with my dad in the passenger seat and you will quickly get the point lol. Everything I do is wrong but I never have an accident, my dad usually gets mad when I bring up my flawless driving record.
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
(December 23, 2013 at 3:53 pm)Ksa Wrote: All you gotta do is stay in the back while I drive with my dad in the passenger seat and you will quickly get the point lol. Everything I do is wrong but I never have an accident, my dad usually gets mad when I bring up my flawless driving record.

pft. My dad is the same way. 14 years of flawless driving and he still acts like I'm going to destroy his tire by running over a curb like I did the first time I ever practiced driving.
I come from a Christian home. And at the age of 14 I decided to become atheist by my own will. But I've been under a lot of pressure now that I'm 18 to convert back. I am in no way convinced of any god's presence. It's very difficult to explain that to friends. I'm always judged wrongly and called a devil worshiper which makes absolutely NO SENSE because I don't believe in anything paranormal. This post really got my attention because it's similar to my situation.
Get one of these hats.

[Image: not_a_devil_worshiper_trucker_hat-r63a0d...vr_512.jpg]

It will mess with their minds.
(January 6, 2014 at 9:40 pm)Lucid Dreamer Wrote: I come from a Christian home. And at the age of 14 I decided to become atheist by my own will. But I've been under a lot of pressure now that I'm 18 to convert back. I am in no way convinced of any god's presence. It's very difficult to explain that to friends. I'm always judged wrongly and called a devil worshiper which makes absolutely NO SENSE because I don't believe in anything paranormal. This post really got my attention because it's similar to my situation.

It's not difficult at all! It's VERY simple: there is no one around.

God is not a solution, God is a problem. When you believe in God you solve the problem of who created the Universe, but you create another problem being, who created God?
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
(January 6, 2014 at 9:40 pm)Lucid Dreamer Wrote: I come from a Christian home. And at the age of 14 I decided to become atheist by my own will. But I've been under a lot of pressure now that I'm 18 to convert back. I am in no way convinced of any god's presence. It's very difficult to explain that to friends. I'm always judged wrongly and called a devil worshiper which makes absolutely NO SENSE because I don't believe in anything paranormal. This post really got my attention because it's similar to my situation.

Read about Ignosticism and early Judaism. The best thing I ever learned while transitioning from religion to nothing is learning that before the bible or anything else 'Yahweh' was a primitive War god of the Canaanites. If you take Theology in college it will go into greater depth than I can as I'm not qualified to speak as an expert.

Ignosticism is beautiful because it asks us to first define what god(s) is before we can start debating on whether or not it exists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think religion is holding society back? NuclearEnergy 66 16797 July 1, 2017 at 2:33 am
Last Post: ManofYesterday
  priests, parasites of society jebus 54 6584 October 23, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Debunking the Flat Earth Society. bussta33 24 5026 February 9, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why Isn't Human Society A Paradise? BrianSoddingBoru4 23 7139 February 6, 2016 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  "religion built the laws of society"? DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 18 4605 December 5, 2015 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
Video Problems With The Bible Pt 9 - Sampson Mental Outlaw 17 4264 September 8, 2015 at 4:52 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Problems With The Bible Pt 5 - Sodom and Gomorrah Mental Outlaw 61 14092 May 3, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A Society of Cowards Gooders1002 14 2590 March 14, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Chas
Lightbulb Problems with the theory of evolution. jamie_russels 152 42222 January 12, 2014 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Examples of a society saturated with relgion? StickyBlueStuff 16 5175 April 23, 2012 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13