Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Theist
Another Theist
[font=Arial]Hello everyone. I used to post a lot on Atheist Nation Forums. For some reason the site has been down a while. Anyone here from Atheist Nation? I am a Theist, a Christian.

I'm also a well known activist in my community where our group led a continuous one year battle against our school district. This was a very bitter campaign that divided our community , nearly a 50/50 split. Our community is now a war zone. It will never recover. We campaigned on tax relief, and giving our community a voice in the decision policies of our school district. It seems our political powers believe voters aren't capable of making their own decisions. Therefore they think that it's in our best interest if they make our decisions for us.

There were four attempts within a year at passing a levy. In order to finally pass the levy, our school board members eliminated all High School busing and after school sports and extra cirriculars. Our school district saw nothing unethical in holding children hostage to extort votes from the community. This whole campaign turned family members against one another, Democrats and Republicans allied themselves against other Democrats and Republicans who were on the opposing side of the issue, neighbors who were once long time friends no longer speak to each other. We will soon be leading a boycott against the businesses that financially supported the pro levy extortion campaign. After creating this mess our school district will distance themselves and leave others to clean up their mess. This was a hard fought bitter campaign that made national headlines. There are still many heated confrontations, which will eventually turn violent. Even after the vote we are still engaged in conflict with the other side.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Another Theist
Hello.

Intro is a funny place to bitch about your local government, but whatever.

Welcome.

Born theist? Are you also gonna claim you were once an atheist? Why do you believe such stuff as found in the bible?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Where do you live???? Welcome regardless Smile I can't make much sense of what you were fighting over... Thinking .......... Huh
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Hello. I must no so I can correctly place you into a group...

Are you an idiotheist, smartheist, or increditheist?
╔═╪══╬═╦╦═╬══╪═╗
║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ McGodless! ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ║
Bah-bah-bah-bah-bahhh~!
║♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ I'm lovin' it! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪║
╚═╪══╬═╩╩═╬══╪═╝

"And God said, drunk, 'Let there be Tails Turrosaki,' and there was Tails."
(November 17, 2009 at 10:06 pm)Tails Turrosaki Wrote: Hello. I must no so I can correctly place you into a group...

I'm not picky. Place me where you wish.
(November 17, 2009 at 10:33 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(November 17, 2009 at 10:06 pm)Tails Turrosaki Wrote: Hello. I must no so I can correctly place you into a group...

Oh, no, I mean what are you?
Idiotheist is a Theist who is very preachy, intolerant of Atheists and literally follows everything in the Bible (i.e. supporting heterosexual marriages and not homosexual marriages because it's against the word of "God"). These people are very irrational and only believe God's word.

Smartheist is a Theist who's tolerant and doesn't do much work. They won't rage on anybody against their religion, nor do they often participate in many rallies or rituals for God and Jesus and such. They basically are Jesus-followers rather than Bible-followers. They're very rational.

Increditheists are Theists who just believe in God. Nothing more. No intolerance, no rallying, no prejudices, no hatred... Nothing. They hardly or never go to church. They're Theists leaning on Agnostic, but not quite. They're also very rational, more rational that smartheists.
╔═╪══╬═╦╦═╬══╪═╗
║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ McGodless! ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ║
Bah-bah-bah-bah-bahhh~!
║♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ I'm lovin' it! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪║
╚═╪══╬═╩╩═╬══╪═╝

"And God said, drunk, 'Let there be Tails Turrosaki,' and there was Tails."
(November 17, 2009 at 8:49 pm)Dotard Wrote: Hello.

Intro is a funny place to bitch about your local government, but whatever.

Welcome.

Born theist? Are you also gonna claim you were once an atheist? Why do you believe such stuff as found in the bible?
Yeah, the intro is probably not the place for my very first post to complain about my local government. Sorry.

Born theist? I don't know. I was too young to remember.

No. I won't claim that I was once an atheist.

I do believe strongly in the Bible. I believe that there is a God. I believe that Jesus is God's Son. I can't provide you with evidence which will convince you that God exists, and you will agree that you can't provide evidence that God doesn't exist. I accept the existence of God on faith. You'll remain a skeptic until you're provided with evidence.
(November 17, 2009 at 11:11 pm)Tails Turrosaki Wrote:
(November 17, 2009 at 10:33 pm)A Theist Wrote:

Oh, no, I mean what are you?
Idiotheist is a Theist who is very preachy, intolerant of Atheists and literally follows everything in the Bible (i.e. supporting heterosexual marriages and not homosexual marriages because it's against the word of "God"). These people are very irrational and only believe God's word.

Smartheist is a Theist who's tolerant and doesn't do much work. They won't rage on anybody against their religion, nor do they often participate in many rallies or rituals for God and Jesus and such. They basically are Jesus-followers rather than Bible-followers. They're very rational.

Increditheists are Theists who just believe in God. Nothing more. No intolerance, no rallying, no prejudices, no hatred... Nothing. They hardly or never go to church. They're Theists leaning on Agnostic, but not quite. They're also very rational, more rational that smartheists.

Wow. That's pretty tough. I don't know. Nothing completely fits. I am a Fundementalist, but I'm not preachy, I don't wage war on atheists, yet I don't believe in homosexual marriage. I guess I would lean more toward idiotheist, but not quite .
Quote:I guess I would lean more toward idiotheist, but not quite .

'Leaning towards' in that context is like being a little bit pregnant.

However, you get 1/2 an internet for an attempt at honesty. Credibility is something you will need to earn.
It's rare for a theist to reach that point here, although it does happen.

It's not my practice to welcome fundies; I dislike hypocrisy in others,so feel obliged to at least try to avoid it in myself.Cool Shades
(November 17, 2009 at 11:43 pm)A Theist Wrote: Born theist? I don't know. I was too young to remember.

No. I won't claim that I was once an atheist.

I do believe strongly in the Bible. I believe that there is a God. I believe that Jesus is God's Son. I can't provide you with evidence which will convince you that God exists, and you will agree that you can't provide evidence that God doesn't exist. I accept the existence of God on faith. You'll remain a skeptic until you're provided with evidence.

Sorry, my bad. Everyone is born an atheist. Theism is a learned behavior. What I should have asked if you were a christian far as you can remember. Based on your answer "...too young to remember" tells me you were indoctrinated at a most young age.

I understand you believe. I was asking 'why?' What is it about the bible that makes you "strongly believe"? What makes you think/believe it to be the words of a God?

I'm just wondering if something in that book somehow brought you to a conclusion that a God exists and the bible is a book he wrote, or if you're just following what mommy and daddy programmed/taught you to believe is true. Have you ever read the bible? Cover to cover without one of those "Bible Study Guides" that has you jumping around the book to all the sweet, nice and purty stuffs and avoids all the inhumane, crazy, murderous and just plain bad behavior the character of God in the bible has wrought?

Do you have any reason to believe other than the warm fuzzies?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(November 18, 2009 at 6:49 am)padraic Wrote:
Quote:I guess I would lean more toward idiotheist, but not quite .

'Leaning towards' in that context is like being a little bit pregnant.

Quote:However, you get 1/2 an internet for an attempt at honesty. Credibility is something you will need to earn.
It's rare for a theist to reach that point here, although it does happen.

It's not my practice to welcome fundies; I dislike hypocrisy in others,so feel obliged to at least try to avoid it in myself
.Cool Shades
Understood. I appreciate your effort in welcoming me. I dislike hypocrisy as well. I can't honestly say that I can take a good hard look at myself and claim that I've completely broken the habit. I leave that for others to determine. Criticism has a way of helping us to keep our feet planted on the ground where they belong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Theist GaryAnderson 35 3792 November 1, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Hello, a theist Roeki 16 3848 June 25, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Anti-theist here League_God 25 3759 October 6, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Greetings from Dave the Theist YouCanCallMeDave 59 8810 November 25, 2014 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Is it possible to understand a theist? lwlodarczyk 9 2719 August 4, 2014 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  former theist turned rational thinker thatoneguyyouknow 18 3827 March 26, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Hello, new Theist here! The_Thinking_Theist 32 5338 December 9, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  From theist to agnostic to atheist to agnostic to freethinker and... old man 70 21203 August 26, 2013 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Sword of Christ
  Theist? Deist? Agnostic? lacontrabasse 0 1731 December 17, 2011 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: lacontrabasse
  Theist here with some queeries Ted Bundy 55 10333 October 11, 2011 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Epimethean