Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 12:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello my fellow heathens!
Hello my fellow heathens!
Hello, my name is Tim! I am 33 years old and from Kansas although I currently reside in Ga. I was raised baptist but began questioning my faith as a teenager at which point I went on the fence as agnostic. There on the fence I teetered for many a year until my late twenties when I decided that I could no longer be intellectually dishonest with myself and became an atheist. I currently find myself back in college after working construction for many years and working as a Corrections Officer for six. I am majoring in Computer Sciences and am proud to say that after six semesters I am still managing a 4.0 GPA.
Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
RE: Hello my fellow heathens!
Hi! Welcome to AF!

What part of Georgia...Atlanta, or other? Smile
Welcome and enjoy the catmas lights!
(December 23, 2013 at 8:47 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Hi! Welcome to AF!

Metter, Ga. it's about twenty minutes from Statesboro!
Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
(December 23, 2013 at 8:53 pm)Crulax Wrote:
(December 23, 2013 at 8:47 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Hi! Welcome to AF!

Metter, Ga. it's about twenty minutes from Statesboro!

You got them Statesboro Blues? :p (I just played the Allman Bros. version earlier.)

I worked Hotlanta for a spell. Nice 'burg.
Welcome aboard.
Welcome to the forums, Crulax.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
What is your favorite color!?

Uh, I mean, hi, welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Your avatar is very appropriate, Tim.

Welcome to the forum.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello my Godless Heathens Anarchy811 27 2092 August 28, 2020 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 4976 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
Video Greetings fellow travelers! entheogen 20 1344 September 17, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: entheogen
  Hello, my fellow Homo Sapiens. I salute you. Don Jehuda 48 12225 May 16, 2017 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello Heathens Crunchy 20 2525 January 18, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello! Just need to commune with some fellow atheists in a religious world. Rosie_Rivets 11 1933 November 11, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  Hello fellow atheists Macoleco 21 1898 August 25, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello fellow nontheists MentalGiant 16 4653 September 16, 2015 at 11:33 am
Last Post: DeathByDespair
  Hello Fellow Atheists! Shuffle 30 5218 July 29, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Athene
  My Fellow Secular Citizens Joko 12 3749 July 7, 2015 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb