Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity
Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity
Hi Folks,

I am not an Athiest however that being said I am not directly a Diest either. I would say vauge theist.

I have a question for our fellow Christians however - Please convince me that Jesus came here to 'Save Us' by dying on the cross and that by believing he died for our 'Sins' is the only way to heaven.

Also please prove to me why we cannot see Jesus as someone who was teaching us to learn our way to faith by being enlightened.

In Essence I am a Gnostic Christian that does not believe your bibles claims please prove me otherwise.
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
RE: Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity
(December 24, 2013 at 1:23 pm)themonkeyman Wrote: Please convince me that Jesus came here to 'Save Us' by dying on the cross and that by believing he died for our 'Sins' is the only way to heaven.

Jesus Christ saves by his life and victory over sin, not by his death...

Romans 5:10 "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

His death makes peace with humanity by putting Satan in his place (reconciliation). Following Him (dying to our sin) and receiving life from Him to become a new creation is our salvation.
Leave it to the guy with 'woo' in his name to spitball an answer.
Is this why you quit on our conversation, I had explained to you about Christ, yet you would not listen. If you are not going to believe what scriptures say you will not believe what we say in any other fashion. The parable of the rich man and Lazurus Luke 16:19-31, is a parable just for you way of thinking. Crazy isn't it, a parable 2000 years old is pointing it's finger at you.

GC

@ ChadWooters, kudos brother kudos.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(December 24, 2013 at 5:14 pm)Godschild Wrote: Is this why you quit on our conversation, I had explained to you about Christ, yet you would not listen. If you are not going to believe what scriptures say you will not believe what we say in any other fashion.

What did you explain about the Christ? That there's no verse in the entire Bible where Jesus himself says "I am God" or where he says "worship me"? That he was a man born of a woman, making her impure for 40 days and got circumcised when he was 8 days old? That he said he and his father was one in purpose as he worked out his will on Earth as a Jeremiah and Moses did?

You should also talk to him about how Jesus couldn't please that Jewish prostitute Mary Magdalen...who, according to Ezekiel chapter 23, like all Jewish prostitutes of that time was hungry for those Egyptian generals whom, according to verse 20, had genitals like those of donkeys and an emission like that of horses.

Mary Magdalen was a prostitute like those, she would get un-fucked as soon as she finished fucking and Jesus was exasperated with her. He couldn't sate her for shit with his tiny circumcised dick. Perhaps he should have called upon the holy spirit that fucked his mom in the first place to help...o wait, the 3 are one so technically, Jesus fucked his own mom to beget himself, like an ANIMAL. Yes, Jesus was a puppy compared to those strong Egyptian warriors. What could he do? He says it HIMSELF: "I by my own self can do NOTHING!" WHAT COULD THE TINY MAN DO WHEN SHE SPREAD HER LEGS BEFORE HIM? Powerless to please her, small dicked bastard, useless.

Mary was the mother of Jesus. She was a saintly womaaaaaaan. Haven't WE made our signs clear to you, that they both had FOOOOD? The implications of eating FOOOOD? DO you know what those are? Mary, like every other woman she had to take a shit every once in a while, Jesus too. She also shat Jesus but you obviously only look down one hole and not the other to find God. I say...why the fuck not? If God came out through one hole of a woman might as well check the other too, you never know. Something godly might come out from there too.

You fool! God strips you of your good deeds for worshiping his PROPHET Jesus, casts you OUT of his kingdom and makes you wonder deaf, dumb and blind into the nothingness of Hell, and as your skin roasts, Jesus frowns upon you, wondering what idiot would mistaken him for God when he clearly told the Jews accusing him to be God in John 10 "YEE ARE GODS" if God calls you Gods, the people to whom the word of God came then the prophets are called Gods in our language! Moses is God onto pharaoh! Is Moses God? Keep pretending you misunderstood that to see how it turns out for you...when he prayed to God before God resurrected Lazarus, hoping the people would not call him God. Pretend you don't get the context.

Worshiping man and stones might seem fun right now, but we'll laugh harder when you'll burn in Hell for associating other partners with God.
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
(December 24, 2013 at 1:23 pm)themonkeyman Wrote: In Essence I am a Gnostic Christian that does not believe your bibles claims please prove me otherwise.

If you aren't convinced of the claims of christianity, wouldn't that make you an agnostic Christian? Gnosticism refers to professions of knowledge, so it's kinda the opposite of what you're saying. Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(December 25, 2013 at 1:41 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(December 24, 2013 at 1:23 pm)themonkeyman Wrote: In Essence I am a Gnostic Christian that does not believe your bibles claims please prove me otherwise.

If you aren't convinced of the claims of christianity, wouldn't that make you an agnostic Christian? Gnosticism refers to professions of knowledge, so it's kinda the opposite of what you're saying. Thinking

Hey,

Gnosticism refers to professions of knowledge as a way to obtain Enlightenment which gives Eternal Existence. I do not claim our God is a personal God and does has he pleases - This is where my view lines closer with Deism.

I cannot get myself to believe in the Bible - People here and other places and forums have clearly shown how flawed the book is, Considering a lot of the text was written not by the source itself and was altered by the different councils with political agendas I cannot say I can base my belief on it. It is also not very co-coherent.

I believe that to experience eternal life is through searching for Truth and Knowledge. I believe in turn Knowledge will lead us to eternal life for an example of my view think of (Stargate SG1 and Daniel Jackson).

Jesus death on the cross for our salvation never sat right with me, It makes absolutely no sense to say that God got killed by his own creation because he loved them but could not forgive them unless he himself was murdered?

My gnostic view is that Jesus came to earth to each Wisdom and the path to enlightenment. I believe that his death on the cross was not for Christians but as a way to reconcile Spiritual Good and Spiritual Evil.

The other thing that always troubled me with Christianity is that the other two major Religions (Judaism and Islam) both taught that God was the Ultimate above all. It even time and time again warned about placing other people as God. Heck even Jesus showed subordination to his 'Father' - I think the line that proves this is the fact that Jesus said.

Quote:Matthew 24:36 - "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

This shows that Jesus is NOT GOD. Otherwise he would have said what the Hour is! He also elaborates that it will be 'Like the days of Noah' which indicates that he cannot even see the future otherwise I am sure he would give a description.

This is the reason for me becoming a Gnostic I believe that the Church has left important documents out and have kept them for themselves so that they can achieve eternal life but everyone else will not. Do you really think the Vatican secret archives does not have some Wisdom in there? Heck why is the Catholic Church the Largest Church on the planet for so many thousands of years surely they have some information about Manipulation of Forces.

My two cents.
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
Your in luck monkey, I just provided a complete exegesis of that passage in John 10 you were concerned about, for someone else.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-22398-page-9.html
Post 84.
So you created your own mythology out of pieces of the bible you agree with and SG1?

If you want to believe in something badly enough, you can find all the justifications to do so. And I think you do really want to believe in something for fear of death, but cannot accept Christianity as is because of hell, so you modelled whatever makes you feel good upon the basic ideas of Christianity because that's the only religion you've had experience believing in, if you modelled it after Islam it'd probably be really hard to believe in it.

So well. That's that I guess.
(December 24, 2013 at 5:14 pm)Godschild Wrote: Is this why you quit on our conversation, I had explained to you about Christ, yet you would not listen. If you are not going to believe what scriptures say you will not believe what we say in any other fashion. The parable of the rich man and Lazurus Luke 16:19-31, is a parable just for you way of thinking. Crazy isn't it, a parable 2000 years old is pointing it's finger at you.

GC

@ ChadWooters, kudos brother kudos.

GC

Yeah, truly cosmic
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Most Gays have a typical behavior of rejecting religions, because religions consider them as sinners (In Islam they deserve to be killed)
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: I think you are too idiot to know the meaning of idiot for example you have a law to prevent boys under 16 from driving do you think that all boys under 16 are careless and cannot drive properly

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gnostic Christians? Won2blv 5 2559 May 7, 2017 at 2:13 am
Last Post: J a c k
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6747 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18219 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
Lightbulb Gnostic gospels study group Doubting_Thomas 6 3852 October 13, 2012 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Doubting_Thomas
  Gnostic Christianity Retorth 3 2527 September 26, 2009 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Violet