Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that day again.
It's that day again.
Ok guys, it is "that day" once again and here is my opinion of it. It is way too much of a fucking production. It is great for corporate profits, and even for many believers, especially for cash strapped middle and poor classes, a very depressing source of needless stress. There was a species and a planet way before humans concocted this superstition and it's themes and motifs were stolen from prior pagan winter celebrations. It gets treated as the center of the universe which no holiday of any religion should be treated like. We don't fuss over Hanukkah for 2 and a half months prior.

Now before my believing family members and friends cry foul and stupidly call me a Grinch, this has nothing to do with your rights. I certainly want people to be happy, but not just for one day, but as much as they can year round. I bitch about this because I think our believing loved ones and friends do not seem to understand that everything is not about you or your religion.

Do your own thing. But there are other people who don't need a deity to make excuses to give gifts or be kind or celebrate anything. And not just Christmas, but any holiday. I used to go nuts over the 4th and New Years, but once you have partied and done that so much, it gets old. What matters to me is every day, the personal relationships with my loved ones. I value more taking my adoptive mom out to her Drs appointments or out to lunch or out to shop. I value our inside jokes. I value the smile on her face and those things are year round every day things.

The earth isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and it will be around long after we are gone and our currently held beliefs morph into new ones and or completely die out and become myths. What should be important is giving and kindness and love, not labels and not insistence on doing things one way.

So everyone, be happy but don't be self centered and don't make a huge production of it.
RE: It's that day again.
You sound like you need a nice beer and a mince pie mate.
(December 25, 2013 at 9:13 am)Napoléon Wrote: You sound like you need a nice beer and a mince pie mate.

If people want to pretend magic babies can be born without a second set of DNA, I won't stop them. But it is a fucking circus that for 2 and a half months beats you over the fucking head. Yes I will be having a beer today and happy that this shit will be over tomorrow.
At least the stores will stop playing that fucking sappy shitty music all the time.

I would gladly strangle the Little Drummer Boy and shove his drum sticks up his ass.
Oh good! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that gets induced seizures every time White Christmas plays. It's bad enough I have to share my birthday with the biggest anthropomorphized lie of the last two millennia.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
I'll be glad when it's over too. Still, the holiday songs in the stores could be worse. Could you imagine if stores in the U.S. bombarded us for two months prior to Independence Day with martial tunes and Sousa marches?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Miracle. Born again, again. I'm no longer atheist. Fruity 29 6244 November 3, 2013 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Angrboda