Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Grinch who saved Christmas.
The Grinch who saved Christmas.
http://www.pressrepublican.com/fyi/x1186...-Christmas
RE: The Grinch who saved Christmas.
Smart not to let xtian shitheads handle her baby. Who knows what they'd do to it?
I just lost my job the day before yesterday. The store manager's father in law is a pastor. I blasted his son in law at the time for the ultimatum of forcing me to cook "or else" after for 7 years of loyalty making up for it in cleaning and free bussing. I kinda knew why he did because our new owner is a greedy prick and put pressure on the store manager because kids to feed. I am sure the conversation was "do it or else"(meaning get rid of me).

Anyway, I felt bad knowing the position he was in but stood my ground. My volume was high and my tone was defiant. I knew I had done nothing wrong other than refuse to move to a different position. Ultimately it amounted to the owner wanting to save money on labor, not my skill or my work ethic, I made up for that in busing and cleaning.

After losing my job, today I went to this pastor, father in law, with a letter to my former store manager, the son in law of the pastor, explaining why I defended myself, not that I had not prior. I figured the passions were high on both sides so I did not want to give it to him directly. I hold no grudges to him but the owner I do.

This father in law pastor gave me a food gift card and I said to him "You know that won't get me here on Sunday". He said I know."

The point is that WE are all capable of compassion and cruelty, I wish theists could see this, that what this pastor did was not an advertisement, it simply was the right thing to do.

The real enemy is that humans cannot see that reality is about resources, not boarders or ideology. I know this pastor did the right thing, but for the wrong reason, even if he claims he wasn't advertising. And I know my store manager did what he had to do to survive.

The criminal in all this is that it is all about resources and politics and religion are the ultimate tool used to pit humans against humans.

I will never agree that why this pastor did what he did for me was not motivated. I will say it frustrates me that he did good and cannot see that a god was not required to do it. Just the same that my former store manager simply could not be honest with me and say "Our boss is a greedy prick and refuses support you in the context of social stability".
That's pretty bad, turning someone away because they won't let you hold their baby. It's their baby. Also trying to take a baby forcefully is kind of illegal.

I'm glad she got some support.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Yeah I have to admit, this is the norm for a lot of Christian Christmas toy drives. I volunteered at a church last year for a toy wrapping thing and it was bizaare to me how they split the kids up from the parents. Even the itty Bitty ones. They had volunteers show them around, and the parents stayed somewhere else since the kids were picking presents for the parents. I was just confused as to why the toddlers had to be separated from the parents and thought it was weird.

Brian, man, that sucks! Hope you find a bigger better job this new year Smile
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 703 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 847 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 703 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Merry Christmas!! Jehanne 10 740 December 26, 2021 at 8:28 am
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2887 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
  Christmas decorations 2021 pics brewer 21 1700 December 13, 2021 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What’s a reasonable amount to give on Christmas? Apollo 3 341 December 25, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 793 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christmas cards brewer 8 472 December 23, 2020 at 1:17 pm
  Merry Christmas you old otter you no one 3 1045 December 7, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah