Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best tablet type device
Best tablet type device
What is the best tablet type of device that is also fairly cheap?

I want to use it for ebooks, and I have a lot of films I could watch too but these are mainly avi files or wmv files.

I have no idea about tablets but I'm trying to do as much research on them as possible tonight but there seems like so much to think about.

Up to now I've looked into the kindle and the samsung galaxy tab.

I'm not looking to spend that much money on it.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Best tablet type device
This may be a biased opinion since the only one that's accessible to me is the iPad but I say the iPad.
(December 27, 2013 at 8:01 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: This may be a biased opinion since the only one that's accessible to me is the iPad but I say the iPad.

Hahaha, that made me lol. Kudos for that.

To the OP, sorry I have no idea.
I'm sorry it's the only mobile device that's accessible to the blind.
My 2 main concerns are being able to watch avi files easily and being able to read E books easily.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

(December 27, 2013 at 8:10 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I'm sorry it's the only mobile device that's accessible to the blind.

Oh I didn't mean anything by that. Just that it's funny you said you may be biased because you've only tried one, but you think it's the best. Because that is the definition of bias. I thought it was ironic.

That's interesting though, I didn't know iPads are accessible to blind people.
(December 27, 2013 at 8:26 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote:
(December 27, 2013 at 8:10 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I'm sorry it's the only mobile device that's accessible to the blind.

Oh I didn't mean anything by that. Just that it's funny you said you may be biased because you've only tried one, but you think it's the best. Because that is the definition of bias. I thought it was ironic.

STOP USING MY THREAD TO SOCIALIZE AND START HELPING ME RESEARCH TABLETS!

(December 27, 2013 at 8:32 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(December 27, 2013 at 8:26 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Oh I didn't mean anything by that. Just that it's funny you said you may be biased because you've only tried one, but you think it's the best. Because that is the definition of bias. I thought it was ironic.

STOP USING MY THREAD TO SOCIALIZE AND START HELPING ME RESEARCH TABLETS!

Giggle sorry
I think one of the kindle tablets should be good for you, Paul. Apparently the Kindle Fire HD tablets are pretty good.
Look into the nexus line. The second gen ones are pretty sweet.
On the other hand, I wouldn't discount the Samsung tab 3... the physical home key does give you more screen real-estate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tablet for kids tonnik 10 851 September 25, 2018 at 3:52 am
Last Post: bobby
  Got a new device... Ace Otana 26 10055 March 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman