Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my testemonial
my testemonial
This is my testemonial about recieving the grace of the father in heaven. Firstly I would like to mention that i WAS an atheist and hated anything to do with god. It all started when I was around 20 years old. I became addicted to drugs. I would do drugs every day, all day. I lost the job I had at that time because I fell in with the wrong people, and as my addiction to drugs grew, i needed more money to support my habbit. I stole money from work, I stole from my parents. As time went by, i started to drink when my drug of choice was not available to me. I started to drink heavily every day, all day, and this went on for about 10 years, both drinking and doing drugs. One particular day I hit rock bottom, I had no drugs, I had no alcohole, and i had no money because my support had been cut off from me. I wanted to kill myself, i wanted to die. I dropped to my knees and for the first time in my life i prayed that if there was a god in heaven, to please help me. I poured my heart out during this prayer. About a few days after I prayed, a set of circumstances took place that changed me forever.

The first thing that happened, I was sitting in the loungeroom watching tv, and all of a sudden i got this massive pain down my left side, my heart started racing, i thought i was having a heart attack. I rang the paremedics and when they had arrived they said i was having a panic attack. it was this that made me decide to give up the drugs and alcohole for good.

The next thing to happen, I kid you not, I recieved a phone call from out of no where, it was a lady from a local bible study group, asking me all sorts of questions like if i believed in god, what i thought of life, what i thought about what was going on in the world. I told her about my addictions, and she offered to send me out some information. I thought to myself about what had happened over the few days after i prayed and i thought, no way. has god answered my prayer?

I can tell you now, I quit the drinking and drug taking. It was a living hell for the first 2 months as I did it all cold turkey, no help from a doctor, or medications. I have now been drug and alcohol free for around 8 years now. I still suffer from anxiety and panic attacks to this day, but i am convinced god has givin this to me as a constant reminder of how he answered my prayers.

Take this story as you will, and i am writing this story not for the believers, but for the non believers so that they might believe. i was an atheist, I hated anything to do with god when i was younger, and i am convinced he has used me as a testimony to his loving grace. All you have to do is open your heart to him and confess your sins and repent, he will accept you, no matter what you have done. As long as you are sincere in your prayers because he can see into your heart to know if you are sincere or not.
RE: my testemonial
(December 28, 2013 at 11:57 pm)henctepa Wrote: This is my testemonial about recieving the grace of the father in heaven. Firstly I would like to mention that i WAS an atheist and hated anything to do with god. It all started when I was around 20 years old. I became addicted to drugs. I would do drugs every day, all day. I lost the job I had at that time because I fell in with the wrong people, and as my addiction to drugs grew, i needed more money to support my habbit. I stole money from work, I stole from my parents. As time went by, i started to drink when my drug of choice was not available to me. I started to drink heavily every day, all day, and this went on for about 10 years, both drinking and doing drugs. One particular day I hit rock bottom, I had no drugs, I had no alcohole, and i had no money because my support had been cut off from me. I wanted to kill myself, i wanted to die. I dropped to my knees and for the first time in my life i prayed that if there was a god in heaven, to please help me. I poured my heart out during this prayer. About a few days after I prayed, a set of circumstances took place that changed me forever.

The first thing that happened, I was sitting in the loungeroom watching tv, and all of a sudden i got this massive pain down my left side, my heart started racing, i thought i was having a heart attack. I rang the paremedics and when they had arrived they said i was having a panic attack. it was this that made me decide to give up the drugs and alcohole for good.

The next thing to happen, I kid you not, I recieved a phone call from out of no where, it was a lady from a local bible study group, asking me all sorts of questions like if i believed in god, what i thought of life, what i thought about what was going on in the world. I told her about my addictions, and she offered to send me out some information. I thought to myself about what had happened over the few days after i prayed and i thought, no way. has god answered my prayer?

I can tell you now, I quit the drinking and drug taking. It was a living hell for the first 2 months as I did it all cold turkey, no help from a doctor, or medications. I have now been drug and alcohol free for around 8 years now. I still suffer from anxiety and panic attacks to this day, but i am convinced god has givin this to me as a constant reminder of how he answered my prayers.

Take this story as you will, and i am writing this story not for the believers, but for the non believers so that they might believe. i was an atheist, I hated anything to do with god when i was younger, and i am convinced he has used me as a testimony to his loving grace. All you have to do is open your heart to him and confess your sins and repent, he will accept you, no matter what you have done. As long as you are sincere in your prayers because he can see into your heart to know if you are sincere or not.

That's it. I'm convinced. I'm outta here. Mods, delete my account.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Oh you poor thing! I hope you get well and sane soon.

In the meantime we will think for you?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Preaching on your first post?
I foresee a short stay for you on this forum.

P.s if you were an atheist, I'm the pope.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(December 29, 2013 at 12:00 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Preaching on your first post?

Nah, with that beard I would say more like Santa Claus. Hehe
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I'm sorry you had to hit bottom so hard...little ones to Him belong. They are weak but He is strong.
(December 29, 2013 at 12:02 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(December 29, 2013 at 12:00 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Preaching on your first post?

Nah, with that beard I would say more like Santa Claus. Hehe

You're so for a spam nuking woman.

(I was going to write "so for a spanking woman" but it auto corrected to this. And it's funnier)
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Oooo!

"A spanking, a spanking.... and after the spanking the......." Tongue
If you spam-nuke her all the way to 100 rep, I think she'd like that.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(December 29, 2013 at 12:13 am)c172 Wrote: If you spam-nuke her all the way to 100 rep, I think she'd like that.

No, she's hard enough to live with as it is.