Our server costs ~$33 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 20th January 2017, 14:04

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AF Hall of Shame (Post Edition)
AF Hall of Shame (Post Edition)
I'm thinking we need a thread where we can easily reference all of the idiotic statements that are made in this forum. Anyone can be included -- even atheists, so don't be biased.

Here is a how it works: Spot something laughably stupid and then post the quote in here with the name of the poster and a link to the thread or post.

Here are a few rules:

1. This is all in fun, so relax. We are not calling you stupid, just your words.

2. What has been said has to be actually stupid. It cannot be something with which you simply disagree. No "God is real." stuff. I want to see, "The sky is blue because the universe is an ocean." stuff.

3. This is not a place to attack other members and get into arguments about who is right. Take that shit back to the threads where it started.

4. We reserve the right to remove quotes that are posted maliciously or simply do not belong here. Again, we are looking for asinine comments, not disagreements.

To be honest, I think this could make a great reference point, as I am always trying to remember what stupid thing which person, including myself, said.

If you all hate the idea or this turns into something it is not meant to be and people get butthurt, I will gladly lock the thread. Big Grin
Perhaps a Hall of Fame (Post Edition) would balance things out. Let me know what you guys think.
[Image: SignatureII_zps712e31c8.png]
Courtesy of Cinjin. Worship
RE: AF Hall of Shame (Post Edition)
This threads gonna fill up real quick.
Opinions are like arseholes.
Once somethings firmly in there its very hard to dislodge.

(23rd December 2011, 08:07)downbeatplumb Wrote: This threads gonna fill up real quick.

That is the idea. I just hope it isn't nonsense or that it is nonsense, actually. Big Grin
Do we have to quote the thread it post comes from?? I think it would be appropriate
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(23rd December 2011, 08:09)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Do we have to quote the thread it post comes from?? I think it would be appropriate

That makes sense. It can be done by simply linking the post.
I figured it would be fun to start with banned members. My recent favorite is from this post http://atheistforums.org/thread-9848-pos...#pid216292.

goodcake Wrote:I managed to hack into the system again...somehow.

By "hacking" he meant creating another account with a different email. Hehe.
(23rd December 2011, 08:12)Shell B Wrote:
(23rd December 2011, 08:09)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Do we have to quote the thread it post comes from?? I think it would be appropriate

That makes sense. It can be done by simply linking the post.

Just copy and paste the url of the thread and then copy and paste the quote.

This way it can be assured as being read in context Tongue (for even more roflols)

...Kichi goes off quote mining. (Shouldn't be too hard, even Cretinists do it!!) Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I directly linked the quote. Worked out good, I think. Big Grin
(23rd December 2011, 08:18)Shell B Wrote: I directly linked the quote. Worked out good, I think. Big Grin

I know how to do it ...I think. Should work
(23rd December 2011, 08:19)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(23rd December 2011, 08:18)Shell B Wrote: I directly linked the quote. Worked out good, I think. Big Grin

I know how to do it ...I think. Should work

Yeah, just check the box in the top right corner before copying the url.
Sounds good. There should be the thread for good laughs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hall of wit and epicness. Something completely different 714 139840 9th January 2017, 21:05
Last Post: Stimbo
  Hall of random shit Stimbo 39 602 8th January 2017, 00:24
Last Post: vorlon13
  AF Hall of Mirth (Post Edition) Cthulhu Dreaming 117 18211 4th December 2016, 02:42
Last Post: Luckie
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Luckie 9 309 25th November 2016, 15:17
Last Post: Divinity
  Never ending story (serious edition) robvalue 38 1415 14th September 2016, 17:26
Last Post: Alasdair Ham
  Hall of Utter Cuteness and Intense Adorableness Alasdair Ham 51 1757 9th September 2016, 09:51
Last Post: Crossless1
Photo Going to be brutally honest - BLM edition dyresand 26 892 31st August 2016, 11:21
Last Post: vorlon13
  AF Hall of Horror Maelstrom 32 795 18th July 2016, 23:55
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hall of Salad, Word Salad that Is Jenny A 35 3572 27th September 2015, 21:08
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Tongue Hall of Irony Bob Kelso 0 682 26th June 2015, 04:53
Last Post: Bob Kelso