Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life-support
Life-support
So I personally side with this woman's husband and I think the hospital should pull the plug. I don't think the fetus is viable outside the womb so there's no point in saving it. It's only 18 weeks along and it's probably going to have severe issues it's been deprived of both oxygen and nutrients. She and her husband have already signed the do not resuscitate order I don't care what the Texas laws says. And don't you kind of have to have a bit of consent to carry a child to term or something, and don't you have to kind of be conscious to do that, or alive for that matter ?

RE: Life-support
I heard about this story a few days ago, (though the version I heard of said she HADN'T signed a DNR order but discussed the issue with her husband many times in the past) and I fully agree with you. This is absolutely ridiculous and just proves to me that George Carlin hit the nail square on the head when he said "If you're pre-born your fine. If you're pre-school, you're F***ed."

Her body was without oxygen for a short period, but that's more than enough to seriously brain damage the fetus, especially at this early stage in development. And whether the DNR order was signed or not, her husband should have the final say. Instead, they're going to force the brain dead woman to carry to full term, and cause the father even more grief and hardship by forcing his already as-good-as-dead wife to give birth to a (most likely) brain damaged infant that will likely need extensive care and attention.

Texas also just proved that they only think of women as incubators. If you have to sign forms to give doctors permission to remove and use your organs after you die, they shouldn't be able to keep using a woman's uterus while keeping her alive AGAINST her and her husband's wishes.

** Just curious... is it safe for me to use fully spelled out curse words here, or would that get me in trouble? (newbie)
BTW, who is paying for this "care?" The fine republibertarianeo-conazi bastards in Texas will lose interest as soon as this little lump of flesh is "born."

Redneck assholes.
(December 31, 2013 at 11:48 am)Nightangel8212 Wrote: ** Just curious... is it safe for me to use fully spelled out curse words here, or would that get me in trouble? (newbie)

You're free to use coarse and vulgar language here. Smile
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(December 31, 2013 at 7:09 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote:
(December 31, 2013 at 11:48 am)Nightangel8212 Wrote: ** Just curious... is it safe for me to use fully spelled out curse words here, or would that get me in trouble? (newbie)

You're free to use coarse and vulgar language here. Smile

In fact, some of us fucking encourage it.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(December 31, 2013 at 7:29 pm)TaraJo Wrote:
(December 31, 2013 at 7:09 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: You're free to use coarse and vulgar language here. Smile

In fact, some of us fucking encourage it.

Fuck yeah! Big Grin
Once again, a foetus gets more rights than its host. Disgusting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UBI support Poll neil 58 2318 April 1, 2024 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  J.R.R Tolkien historical support of Franco of Spain, whats your view on it? Woah0 2 467 August 14, 2022 at 8:12 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Concert in support of Biden campaign Foxaèr 8 510 October 25, 2020 at 5:07 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Most British voters support violence on brexit downbeatplumb 17 1442 October 30, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who do you support? WinterHold 13 1392 June 26, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Democrats Say Don't Support Independents Except... ReptilianPeon 0 384 October 7, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Why are those who support Trump defending him so much GODZILLA 14 1659 June 14, 2018 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Trump appointee shows his support for our troops, and is forced to resign. The Grand Nudger 6 850 January 19, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Do you think there is something mentally wrong with those who support Trump NuclearEnergy 31 10250 June 2, 2017 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Trumpism has xtian support because of what DeVos represents Whateverist 9 1373 February 27, 2017 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: brewer