Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Hair and my Issuez
Natural Hair and my Issuez
Why should the hair that grows out of my head be a political statement?

RE: Natural Hair and my Issuez
Do you mind summing it up a bit? The videos are really long and I watched about half of the first one and didn't really understand.
(January 4, 2014 at 12:22 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Do you mind summing it up a bit? The videos are really long and I watched about half of the first one and didn't really understand.

Basically people with kinkier hair than mine then come jumping on the bandwagon of natural hair, especially since I don't need special products made for black people. I can use "Mainstream" Products for my hair. On the other side of the coin going out on my own as a blind person keeping my hair natural is the only way I can take care of myself, and some employers may not care for my hair being natural. But I can't use chemicals even if I wanted to, I have to many health issues to do so. It's simply a Catch-22 between community ridicule, and sacrificing health over employment.
God is racist, he provides more Afros to people with dark toned skin compared to people with chapped ivory asses like mine.

I want a natural fro so bad.
(January 4, 2014 at 12:34 am)Belac Enrobso Wrote: God is racist, he provides more Afros to people with dark toned skin compared to people with chapped ivory asses like mine.

I want a natural fro so bad.
I don't even have one of those
Not everyone does, however they may be more prone to have the preferable cushiony fro, that I always wanted, with a fresh pair of j's. You could almost call people with these kind fro's... Wait for it...

Afro-American!
(January 4, 2014 at 12:31 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:
(January 4, 2014 at 12:22 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Do you mind summing it up a bit? The videos are really long and I watched about half of the first one and didn't really understand.

Basically people with kinkier hair than mine then come jumping on the bandwagon of natural hair, especially since I don't need special products made for black people. I can use "Mainstream" Products for my hair. On the other side of the coin going out on my own as a blind person keeping my hair natural is the only way I can take care of myself, and some employers may not care for my hair being natural. But I can't use chemicals even if I wanted to, I have to many health issues to do so. It's simply a Catch-22 between community ridicule, and sacrificing health over employment.

Oh I had no idea people got discriminated against because they have afro. Well, you know what though, the truth is people are going to make assumptions about you the moment they lay eyes on you. The way you dress, the makeup you wear or don't wear, and so on. I think as long as you're neat and clean and dressed decently, you've done enough for everyone else. If employers are petty enough to care about your hairstyle then they're probably not that nice to work for.
This is the kind of fro I've wanted, seriously.
But my hair is just too soft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Uo-WRz_cY
(January 4, 2014 at 12:40 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote:
(January 4, 2014 at 12:31 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Basically people with kinkier hair than mine then come jumping on the bandwagon of natural hair, especially since I don't need special products made for black people. I can use "Mainstream" Products for my hair. On the other side of the coin going out on my own as a blind person keeping my hair natural is the only way I can take care of myself, and some employers may not care for my hair being natural. But I can't use chemicals even if I wanted to, I have to many health issues to do so. It's simply a Catch-22 between community ridicule, and sacrificing health over employment.

Oh I had no idea people got discriminated against because they have afro. Well, you know what though, the truth is people are going to make assumptions about you the moment they lay eyes on you. The way you dress, the makeup you wear or don't wear, and so on. I think as long as you're neat and clean and dressed decently, you've done enough for everyone else. If employers are petty enough to care about your hairstyle then they're probably not that nice to work for.

That's the problem, most employers think that because your hair's natural it's not neat, or that it somehow dirty , especially if you have dreadlocks. And a lot make the complaint that it's distracting because it's puffy, though a lot of natural hair is not puffy.

[Image: 476F1839-C907-4C77-9440-A3BC1004EE03_zpsrite8qj4.jpg]
Nah, it's neat enough if you tie it up really, and those that think it's dirty because it's curly are just dumb. But it really depends on the type of jobs you do, if they care a lot about your hair, like food industry jobs, they make you wear a hairnet anyway. I have a friend, he has short straight hair and he has to wear a hairnet. If it's the type of job where you have to look presentable, your hair doesn't even look close to messy or unpresentable. I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So....why are crazy leaders always have a funny hair or facial hair? WinterHold 23 3188 July 31, 2019 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Drich
  U.S. Presidents & The Natural-born-citizen Clause Tiberius 191 17481 April 13, 2016 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ted Cruz natural born citizen? Doubting Thomas 14 2553 November 2, 2013 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sarah Palin: Mitt Romney needs to set ‘hair on fire’ Autumnlicious 16 6812 July 11, 2012 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Gambit
  Rand Paul...Dumb as a Bag of Cunt Hair Minimalist 21 9419 July 7, 2012 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
  Bachmann: Natural disasters = Apocalypse Faith No More 27 7246 August 30, 2011 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Dumb as a bag of hair..... Minimalist 15 4311 March 16, 2011 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus