Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guns, Guns, GUNS!
guns, Guns, GUNS!
Does anyone here own a gun or would like to own a gun, if so what?

I use to collect WWII guns. I still have a few.. Anyone else?
RE: guns, Guns, GUNS!
I collect evidence.
Wtf would I need a gun for? I don't need to shoot anyone
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

'Having a gun is an invitation for someone to shoot you.' - Atticus Finch

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Cause 'merica
(January 4, 2014 at 7:02 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'Having a gun is an invitation for someone to shoot you.' - Atticus Finch

Boru

Do you write "Boru" at the end of every message for a reason? why don't you just put it in your signature?
[Image: thfrog.gif]

I do have a fondness for artillery.

Though I don't really have the space for it.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(January 4, 2014 at 7:12 am)Sejanus Wrote:
(January 4, 2014 at 7:02 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'Having a gun is an invitation for someone to shoot you.' - Atticus Finch

Boru

Do you write "Boru" at the end of every message for a reason? why don't you just put it in your signature?

Yes, I write 'Boru' at the end of every message. Old habit. I don't put it in my signature because I enjoy typing it at the end of every message.

Boru

(January 4, 2014 at 7:30 am)Zen Badger Wrote: I do have a fondness for artillery.

I wasn't even thinking of artillery.

When I was at uni, I took a course in ancient engineering. Part of the course was the requirement to re-construct, using as much period materiel as possible, a piece of pre-Renaissance engineering. I was on a team that built a Roman scorpion, basically a large crossbow on wheels. We could reliably hit (80%) a man-sized target at 100m.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think guns are pretty cool. When I get older I'd like to learn to shoot. If I ever get rich I'm ordering a single-shot Tsar's Cannon from Russia.
(January 4, 2014 at 3:58 am)Belac Enrobso Wrote: I collect evidence.

Then you should be able to easily identify it and describe what you collect to others.

(January 4, 2014 at 5:39 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Wtf would I need a gun for? I don't need to shoot anyone

ahh, common douche bag miss conception.. Gun are not just for shooting people. One can shoot pets, varmits, fowl, large game and even preditory animals not to mention inanimate objects.. Then there is the historical side of guns. Some people collect old guns to tie them to certain events in history.

Boru

ROFLOL

'Not having a gun is an invitation to govermental oppression'

-The bill of Rights

(January 4, 2014 at 7:30 am)Zen Badger Wrote: I do have a fondness for artillery.

If you had the space, what would you like to own, if you could have anything you want?

(January 4, 2014 at 8:06 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 4, 2014 at 7:12 am)Sejanus Wrote: Do you write "Boru" at the end of every message for a reason? why don't you just put it in your signature?

Yes, I write 'Boru' at the end of every message. Old habit. I don't put it in my signature because I enjoy typing it at the end of every message.

Boru

I wasn't even thinking of artillery.

When I was at uni, I took a course in ancient engineering. Part of the course was the requirement to re-construct, using as much period materiel as possible, a piece of pre-Renaissance engineering. I was on a team that built a Roman scorpion, basically a large crossbow on wheels. We could reliably hit (80%) a man-sized target at 100m.

Boru

do you have pics? How heavy were the bolts/projectiles?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ban guns? Brick-top 22 7969 November 20, 2016 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Guns = rape Napoléon 34 5969 May 30, 2014 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Liers and fires and guns oh my. Brian37 50 13169 December 27, 2012 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Speaking of guns popeyespappy 22 5227 December 17, 2012 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Education, drugs, guns. 5thHorseman 4 1817 July 27, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Tiberius