Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miley Cyrus Concert
Miley Cyrus Concert
So my mom got my brother and me tickets to a Miley Cyrus Concert.

Why a Miley Cyrus concert I'll never know and I'm not going to ask.

What should I do? Should I sell the tickets with my bro and pocket the cash, or actually go to this thing.

If it was like someone more attractive AND talented like say, I don't know, Katy Perry, or... Selena Gomez, I wouldn't mind going. But damn, Miley Cyrus, shit, this a chore... I mean she has one song that is somewhat decent in my opinion and that's 23... And that's it. I don't want to sound like an entitled spoiled ass white kid or anything, I really do appreciate the consideration and value that my mom put In by getting these tickets, but out of any artist in the world... It's MILEY CYRUS.

So yeah... What should I do?

P.S.
Just let this soak in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2FRPA3Gf8
RE: Miley Cyrus Concert
Sell for the love of God sell!

If you don't want to have to learn sign language sell the goddamn tickets!
Go.

My mum sometimes buys me things she thinks I would like but I really don't. I still use them till they break. I mean, least you could do, really. It's not asking a lot and it would make her happy. Or at least not make her feel like she doesn't understand you anymore, or it wasn't a good gift, or she was stupid for getting you something you didn't like.
You should absolutely go, but for purely selfish reasons.

If you sell the tickets and your mum finds out, she may never buy you concert tickets again, even if it happens to be someone you REALLY want to see. Accept EVERY shit gift you're ever given, because the giver may offer you something better in future.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I like soccer. I like Manchester City. My mother has gotten me a Manchester United tee and a Chelsea tee before, just because she has no understanding of soccer. But I did wind up wearing them both in the end. Quite a bit.

I'm one who almost acts as if the road to hell is paved with good intentions. But as I get older, I appreciate the efforts of my parents, and people in general, a lot more. Heck if I'd ever be able to pick out a good blues CD for either of my parents. But I'd sure like to give them a gift they'd like. The effort counts more once one gets older.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Re: Miley Cyrus Concert
Did you just call Katy Perry "talented" Lmao. She can't sing for shit!

Miley is one of the better artists out there today. One of very few who almost always sings live. I've never seen a performance where she wasn't singing live myself, but I'm just assuming it's happened at some point.

I say go to the concert if only to learn how great she is.
(January 4, 2014 at 7:28 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Did you just call Katy Perry "talented" Lmao. She can't sing for shit!

Miley is one of the better artists out there today. One of very few who almost always sings live. I've never seen a performance where she wasn't singing live myself, but I'm just assuming it's happened at some point.

I say go to the concert if only to learn how great she is.

I kinda agree, although I don't keep up on things like these. Miley's voice is pretty good, Katy's voice is kinda flat. She has good songs but they would sound better if someone else sang them.
Re: Miley Cyrus Concert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93CZ6oFR...ata_player
I'd probably sell them.
I'd go just to see if she puts on a good concert. Sometimes music and an average performer can be enhanced by seeing the live spectacle.

Have a nice dinner with your brother before hand and look at it as an excuse to hang out for the night doing something you wouldn't have otherwise done, even if that thing is going to a Miley Cyrus concert. Who knows, you might have a good time despite your attitude about her, and if you don't, you have a memory to look back on with your brother and laugh about that time your mom gave you those concert tickets.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Scientist ejected by audience after trying to crowd surf at classical music concert MountainsWinAgain 11 2134 June 22, 2014 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Concert tomorrow! Auctioning old house! Busy week! I like exclamation marks! Anymouse 1 1141 June 25, 2011 at 3:17 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious