Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fashion
Fashion
I love fashion but fashion doesn't love me. The issues of being a 10/12 or a junior's 17-19, Lane Bryant is too big for me but Forever21 would laugh me off the face of the earth should I dare set foot in there. I've always wondered I can't be the only one with this problem. I'm short, curvy, edging towards chunky. None of my clothes fit properly, it's either too big in the shoulders, to tight in the bust, or too long in the legs. I'm not going near the issues with my butt. Ladies some advice?
RE: Fashion
I'm taller than average at 5'8", but my limbs are long in proportion to my short waist (my wing span is a full 5'11). Pants are often too short, and don't get me started on sleeves. Also, I have almost no boobs (32 AA), and almost no butt to speak of, so wardrobe tape is necessary in a lot of situations, or else people will see my ant hills, and we wouldn't want that!
I can help you not at all, being a victim of fashion in the same way as roadkill is a victim of a honda accord. However it did make me think of this terry Pratchett quote

The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery
is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower
Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken
into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo¹, my
son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And
the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.

¹ Cool, but not necessarily up to date.

Terry Pratchett, "Lords and Ladies", 1992
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
The problem with fashion is to try and find clothes that fit. I'm short, slim, small in all sizes and it's hard to find clothes that fit my height. Most clothes are designed for girls around 170cm ish. But I wear heels a lot so that fixed my problem XD. Except during snowy days, where I'm back to looking like a child wearing grownups' clothes.

Beauty is subjective, but I do think it's worth it to try and get to the size you like best. It makes you feel wonderful. It doesn't matter what the size is.
To the people with "no boobs" I can totally share.
I'm a XXL in shirts, and XL in shorts. I'm very top heavy. 40 lbs or so overweight, with skinny legs. It's hard for me to feel confident wearing anything (or, ftm, being naked). Right now, I have on black basketball shorts and a red Progenex (supplement?) t-shirt. And basketball shorts and tees are what I like to wear most. If I have to dress up, I have a few polos and dress shirts. I do like plaid quite a bit, but usually as an overshirt to one of my college tees. Kind of a grunge look.

I need a pair of jeans, though. Those are hard to fit for me.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I just wonder if there's a store for short and curvy people, since I'm not plus size, but a lot of the average size clothes don't fit either.
(January 11, 2014 at 2:03 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I just wonder if there's a store for short and curvy people, since I'm not plus size, but a lot of the average size clothes don't fit either.

Have you tried petite sizes? I really need to start doing that, since I'm short as well.

It doesn't mean small, it just means short.
(January 11, 2014 at 2:07 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote:
(January 11, 2014 at 2:03 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I just wonder if there's a store for short and curvy people, since I'm not plus size, but a lot of the average size clothes don't fit either.

Have you tried petite sizes? I really need to start doing that, since I'm short as well.

For pullover tops yes, but it's my button up tops that are a nightmare. And pants sometimes run too small in the crotch or thigh. I'm one of those women who if I was a teeny bit smaller I'd have an hourglass figure. i'm not sure who would want one cuz this is stressful. It's one reason I've almost completely given up on pants. I'm thinking when spring comes around I'll just stick to all dresses and skirts.
(January 11, 2014 at 1:53 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: To the people with "no boobs" I can totally share.

Yes, please! My mom and my sister don't seem to want to share, but all I want is enough to get me to a full A cup! They're so selfish!