Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Religions Cannot Be Accurate
Why Religions Cannot Be Accurate
I've come to a different conclusion to why Religions couldn't be "God's" creation. Take a moment of your time to read (this isn't new BTW someone probably said this somewhere, I Just happened to think of it on my own):

Humans are all different, but also socially related depending on location (See definition: Meme), while our perception of life is unique to every single human on earth, it's also altered by it's specific society.

This also is evident with religions, notice how many different communities of Christianity or Islam still exists(and they're making more), but not only that, notice that even when you look in your own "circle" of religious community, you happen to find their perception and understanding of the very same religion and "God" a little different than your own.

For example, I knew many Muslims who would choose to follow certain areas of the Quraan and not all. Some that varied from individuals who would drink alcohol but not involve them selves in premarital sex, or the ones who did the exact opposite (they would not drink, but have premarital sex).

Or take the dress code for example, you have the Muslim women who overdress them selves to the point where you don't know what gender they are, or the ones who puts makeup on while wearing tight clothing with hijab. These religious individuals that fall on the middle edge of their faith tend to label them selves as (Makteer dayneh) or in English (not very religious, but believe in god)

When you ask these (Semi)-Religious individuals why they aren't following all the rules, they will either tell you they comprehended the religion to "their ideas" and lifestyle and are fully convinced to go to heaven, or they will tell you that they are hoping to meet the minimum average of Good Vs Bad (which isn't really determined but it goes by points).

And then there are most Christians who believe Jesus has already forgiven us for our sins and that as long as we are good people and believe in his existence shall we go to heaven.

Obviously EVERYONE in the world has their own perception of the universe and our own existence and lot of it is influenced by your peers and family, why do you think you are the special one? Why on earth would God create such confusion by laying the foundation for multiple different religions and rules for many others to follow? Is he trolling us? is he testing us? Are we his project?

As a human being you KNOW you built your life and beliefs on the foundation that was built by your family and your society, you KNOW you wouldn't have the same faith if YOU were born and raised in the Surma tribe of Ethiopia

Wake Up.
RE: My Analogy On Why Religions Cannot Be Accurate

Where's the analogy?

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: My Analogy On Why Religions Cannot Be Accurate
(January 12, 2014 at 1:34 pm)rasetsu Wrote:

Where's the analogy?

Between Religions being God's creation or Not but because you are confused, I will change the title.
RE: Why Religions Cannot Be Accurate
(January 12, 2014 at 1:29 pm)Vegamo Wrote: Obviously EVERYONE in the world....

why do you think you are the special one?....

As a human being you KNOW you built your....

built by your family and your society....

you KNOW you wouldn't have the same faith if YOU were born and raised in the Surma tribe of Ethiopia....

Wake Up.
(bold added by me)

You've made some bold assertions. Can you prove them about ME?
(January 12, 2014 at 1:57 pm)It Is i Wrote:
(January 12, 2014 at 1:29 pm)Vegamo Wrote: Obviously EVERYONE in the world....

why do you think you are the special one?....

As a human being you KNOW you built your....

built by your family and your society....

you KNOW you wouldn't have the same faith if YOU were born and raised in the Surma tribe of Ethiopia....

Wake Up.
(bold added by me)

You've made some bold assertions. Can you prove them about ME?

Can you prove them wrong? I just typed half a page explaining why.

You don't wake up one day and find out you believe in something. You built those beliefs based on what you experienced around you.
(January 12, 2014 at 2:19 pm)Vegamo Wrote: Can you prove them wrong?

You've made the claims. The burden of proof lies with you. Asking me to disprove your claims would be akin to a Christian asking me to disprove their God claim. It's not my position to prove or disprove.
(January 12, 2014 at 2:23 pm)It Is i Wrote:
(January 12, 2014 at 2:19 pm)Vegamo Wrote: Can you prove them wrong?

You've made the claims. The burden of proof lies with you. Asking me to disprove your claims would be akin to a Christian asking me to disprove their God claim. It's not my position to prove or disprove.

I am not going to explain common sense, you don't even need to run these studies if you have any sort of social life. Everyone's perspective is different, and religious folks (ones who converted later in life or grew up into a faith) have both experienced a certain type of society (or societies) and decided to choose their path through these experiences.
(January 12, 2014 at 2:31 pm)Vegamo Wrote: I am not going to explain common sense, you don't even need to run these studies if you have any sort of social life. Everyone's perspective is different, and religious folks (ones who converted later in life or grew up into a faith) have both experienced a certain type of society (or societies) and decided to choose their path through these experiences.

If you say so Popcorn
(January 12, 2014 at 2:38 pm)It Is i Wrote:
(January 12, 2014 at 2:31 pm)Vegamo Wrote: I am not going to explain common sense, you don't even need to run these studies if you have any sort of social life. Everyone's perspective is different, and religious folks (ones who converted later in life or grew up into a faith) have both experienced a certain type of society (or societies) and decided to choose their path through these experiences.

If you say so Popcorn

Then what's your perspective on how people find them selves belonging to a certain type of faith or (chose).
(January 12, 2014 at 2:49 pm)Vegamo Wrote: Then what's your perspective on how people find them selves belonging to a certain type of faith or (chose).
While I suspect that your observations (and those you've observed others making) are in part accurate with respect to how certain structures are conceived within the mind, I likewise suspect that these observations are being subjectively applied by you, and are therefore tempered by your own understanding. In other words, your perspective is skewed by your own consciousness of the matter. I personally haven't the need for any perspective in the matter, and I thereby escape your observations. I guess you could say that we see things differently.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution cannot account for morality chiknsld 341 32957 January 1, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 32611 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13392 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1844 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2772 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3483 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 11127 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why religious cannot agree. Mystic 46 7868 July 6, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3734 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10861 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok