Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Um…Thanks (I think?)
Um…Thanks (I think?)
Something I hear a lot from theist : "You're too pretty/nice to be an atheist!"

What were they expecting? this:

[Image: 04DACBC6-2285-4698-8122-7F544D0E6E1E_zpskz1gm5vx.jpg]
RE: Um…Thanks (I think?)
Sad to say, in some parts of the world, the faithful think atheists are actually like that Sad
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Yeah, chewing on a fresh haunch of baby...
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Atheists have no standards. -AZheathens Mom
(January 13, 2014 at 9:45 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Something I hear a lot from theist : "You're too pretty/nice to be an atheist!"
I'd say; "Thanks, and you seem too smart/intelligent to be a theist."

That should put an exclamation on their veiled smugness.
(January 13, 2014 at 9:45 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Something I hear a lot from theist : "You're too pretty/nice to be an atheist!"

It's probably a way to break the ice so to speak, or maybe some those guys were impressed by your looks and personality, your choice.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

[Image: 04DACBC6-2285-4698-8122-7F544D0E6E1E_zpskz1gm5vx.jpg]

I dare say yes lol.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Unfortunately, yes, that's what they expect. Or something Satanic.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 769 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks. Greatest I am 20 3014 July 25, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Blind boy thanks he favourite deity for making him blind ReptilianPeon 12 3370 August 28, 2015 at 7:43 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  A small thanks to the resident Theists.. Mystical 557 246764 March 30, 2014 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Chas
  thanks, god. bozo 88 26124 April 16, 2009 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki