Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geeking Out!
Geeking Out!
What things do you geek out over?

The Sword of Godric Gryffindor
[Image: ACBECED7-BDA6-4DE8-AA92-B3F7D1E23F01_zpsa1tz4kop.jpg]

Moon Wand from Sailor Moon

[Image: C4BEE9E5-0BA2-4F52-9667-5F29B0EE048C_zpsvg2etcum.jpg]

Luna's Spectrespecs from Harry Potter
[Image: 0708E0BA-0727-4CFF-A110-A38EE448EC34_zpstku94887.jpg]

The Dragon Balls from DBZ
[Image: 16F52850-5477-403C-83C4-7E86C85AD0AA_zpsdmuyb2t7.jpg]

Hello Kitty ball gown, like duh!
[Image: 8330DD8B-18DF-4395-86B9-BDF2592C98E5_zpsrtocvxha.jpg]
RE: Geeking Out!
Almost anything Trek (except Abrams Trek).

Cool Shades

Oh, and Judge Dredd!

Smile
Dying to live, living to die.
I can't find a decent image of it but I bought my sister a replica of Dean Winchester's from Supernaturals amulet for Xmas. Not sure what I'd geek out over I'm more into video games than shows or movies. That said the Lanister's guard armour looks incredible.

[Image: lannister+guard+armour.jpg]
I'm a complete geek over D&D.
Chemistry.
When people make obscure scifi references in film, tv, or even in person and I giggle like a little girl because I got the reference.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
None of that is true geek stuff. THIS is geek stuff:

[Image: slide1013e_Jim-NTT40.jpg]

(January 13, 2014 at 7:18 pm)orogenicman Wrote: None of that is true geek stuff. THIS is geek stuff:

[Image: slide1013e_Jim-NTT40.jpg]

What real geeks do with their toys:

[Image: a_ngc2175_propercolors3_crop_zpsbd8b2630.jpg]
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
I'm a closet WoW player.
[Image: 1266fc47-0ecc-43b4-a80c-7499a37c3da2_zps135ba538.jpg]
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Soccer, mainly (both M/W), and women's sports in general. The women's soccer team, both coaches and athletes, at my University in the late 90's were super friendly and knowledgable, and that kind of reeled me in.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan