Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profanity
Profanity
Fucking Jesus fucking Christ, I'm so sick and tired of people treating the god damn word fuck as if it has some kind of magic fucking powers. Its not as if Jesus sents a god damn kitten to hell every time you say. For fuck sakes it is just a way of adding a exclamation mark or expressing frustration. IT IS NOT MAGIC
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Profanity
Swearing level: Tourette's
Sum ergo sum
(January 14, 2014 at 11:22 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Swearing level: Tourette's

Sorry just had to vent. Having a bad day.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Poopie!
(January 14, 2014 at 11:33 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Sorry just had to vent. Having a bad day.

You forgot 'jizzy monkey cunt gobblers'.
I'm going to buy you one of these:

[Image: creative-cursing-a-mix-and-match-profani...or-big.jpg]
Sum ergo sum
Honestly, what the fuck my reasoning has to do with my shitty language skills or expression?
Good golly! Was that even a sentence? Blimey with mayo and pickles on top!.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
It's verbal spice, to me. Sentences have a natural rhythm to them, and sometimes that requires an extra few syllables in there, a little additional punch to the fucking mixture. And so I swear. So much that I'm sort of blind to it by now. Tongue

But then, I'm Australian; the people I interact with regularly are fairly free with the cursing themselves.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(January 14, 2014 at 1:32 pm)Esquilax Wrote: It's verbal spice, to me. Sentences have a natural rhythm to them, and sometimes that requires an extra few syllables in there, a little additional punch to the fucking mixture. And so I swear. So much that I'm sort of blind to it by now. Tongue

But then, I'm Australian; the people I interact with regularly are fairly free with the cursing themselves.
Meh. I remember going to Scotland on a train for a conference once. Now THERE is a dialect which uses profanity.

I think spice is a good analogy. Language would be bland without it, but if it's OVER used it just becomes passe.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
I use the word "fuck" all the time in every day speech. It amuses the fuck out of me that it offends some people like it's magical.