Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF plane crash, blame airline, OP/ED
SF plane crash, blame airline, OP/ED
Last year's airline crash in SF. Ok I agree with a lawsuit over the death of the Chinese girl. But not the fire fighters or first responders. I'd blame the airline. The investigation showed it was pilot error. If proper training and more experienced pilots had been flying the plane the accident never would have happened.

Now from the laypersons point of view the newly released video seems to defy what the first responders said. I disagree. It may seem "calm", but first responders are taught to keep their emotions outwardly in check. But in a uncontrolled sudden accident involving jet fuel at that scale you are going to be focused on the biggest threat first.

Now the ME said she was not dead and that the trucks ran over her and that is what killed her. I have had times with my mom being elderly perfectly alive and lucid and healthy, where a nurse COULD NOT find a pulse, or if drawing blood had a hard time finding e vein. What the videos do not show is the moment she got out of the plane or how she ended up where she was at. It is perfectly reasonable that one of the responders felt no pulse and because of the nature of the situation had to make a quick decision to pass her off as gone.

As far as the trucks I can see the drivers focusing on the biggest objects first, meaning the plane itself, so covered or not covered I think the first responders simply theorized what might have happened because they had no video at the time to determine what happened. Premature speculation maybe, but that does not constitute a cover up.

If I were the lawyer for this family I'd sue the airline, not the first responders. If they had properly trained the pilots in the first place that poor girl and two others would still be alive today.
RE: SF plane crash, blame airline, OP/ED
So if you survived being hit by a car, but died because emergency responders fail to take common precautions and ran you over instead of actually helping you, it's the fault of the car that hit you that the ambulance that came to save you killed you instead?
SF FD is trying to cover up their incredible incompetance.

We'be seen similar activity from the SFPD.

They're both corrupt.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(January 16, 2014 at 10:07 am)Chuck Wrote: So if you survived being hit by a car, but died because emergency responders fail to take common precautions and ran you over instead of actually helping you, it's the fault of the car that hit you that the ambulance that came to save you killed you instead?

Depends. You'd have to prove intent negligence . What if the driver because of the shape and angel of the vehicle cannot see you? And if they are trained to keep track of multiple things the more they have to multi task the more they have to prioritize. You are oversimplifying it.

And even in this case, if someone caused the accident that is what sets everything in motion in the first place.

In this case with these truck drivers I can understand where their focus was. You are driving towards a potential bomb on fire. You are also going to be thinking more about someone who might still be in it, after seeing others responders on the ground. It wouldn't be unreasonable to asses that the victims on the ground are being attended to.

I don't see this as a deliberate mistake or even bad training as much as it simply was a bad combo of reality playing out. By comparison however, the airline DID NOT have sufficient protocol to override the stupid predilections of the pilots. Sue the fucking airline.

I can oversimplify examples too. Are there times when cops wrongfully shoot someone? Yes. But can a b b gun or toy replica look like a real one? Does an officer always have time to take their time in assessing a danger?

I think these guys who ran over her simply did not see her and considering what was going on as unfortunate as it was, are not to blame. It was bad luck, not bad training.

(January 16, 2014 at 12:42 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: SF FD is trying to cover up their incredible incompetance.

We'be seen similar activity from the SFPD.

They're both corrupt.

Why is it the public sector is always corrupt and not the private sector? Maybe if the airline wasn't so fucking bent on cheap labor and had spent more money on training those pilots wouldn't have crashed the damned plane.

It is easy to blame public employees but if you are going to do that, then don't call them when you need help.

Same fucking shit bothers me about "on time" advertising with airlines. These things are not cars you can pull over when you get a flat tire. I don't give one rats ass about "On time" compared to mechanical safety, pilot training and weather conditions.
The Warsaw Convention, even though liberalized somewhat in recent years, controls litigation against international air carriers making it somewhat less lucrative for lawyers to go after the carrier in this case.

Lawyers in general may be blood-sucking bastards but they do know what they are doing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Don't Blame This Guy A Bit.... Minimalist 8 1305 July 7, 2015 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Real-time plane tracker Napoléon 3 1470 June 22, 2014 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  So What Happened To The Plane? Minimalist 100 14659 April 11, 2014 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris