Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL with British Commentary
NFL with British Commentary
Thought this was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW4J-RiCZ2Q
RE: NFL with British Commentary
Holy fuck, that was funny as shit!!! "He's been on the internet three times". A man from prison doing charades commentary for a penalty. There's so much jammed into this I'll have to watch it 30 times to get it all.
Lol. It's kind of funny seeing people care about American culture. I know the Netherlands actually has a baseball league. I'd like to watch that.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(January 17, 2014 at 8:07 pm)c172 Wrote: Lol. It's kind of funny seeing people care about American culture. I know the Netherlands actually has a baseball league. I'd like to watch that.

The Netherlands made the semifinals of the last World Baseball Classic. Granted, most of their regulars are from Curacao, but I think it's great.
(January 17, 2014 at 8:07 pm)c172 Wrote: Lol. It's kind of funny seeing people care about American culture. I know the Netherlands actually has a baseball league. I'd like to watch that.

It's pretty big in Japan too. I really don't get it myself.
Yeah, actually it's rather well established in Japan. I reckon the Dutch have more of a semipro setup, but I dunno.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I'm rolling, Napo!
That was very funny. I recall a scene in an old prisoner of war camp movie where two British officers are watching an American baseball game. One tries to explain it to the other by saying "the man with the ball tries to hit the man standing there who is given a stick to defend himself." This from the nation that invented fucking cricket!

And when Hideki Matsui played for the Yanks I was a big fan. Guy was a class act and a consummate pro. Don't diss Japanese ball players. Many have made the jump to the majors and they are all well schooled and hard workers.
(January 17, 2014 at 9:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That was very funny. I recall a scene in an old prisoner of war camp movie where two British officers are watching an American baseball game. One tries to explain it to the other by saying "the man with the ball tries to hit the man standing there who is given a stick to defend himself." This from the nation that invented fucking cricket!

And when Hideki Matsui played for the Yanks I was a big fan. Guy was a class act and a consummate pro. Don't diss Japanese ball players. Many have made the jump to the majors and they are all well schooled and hard workers.

Absolutely. I think Ichiro Suzuki is a legitimate Hall of Fame candidate. He's less than 300 hits shy of 3,000; although his skills are waning with age (he's now 40). 2,700+ hits and he was an MLB rookie at 27; I find this very impressive.

I'm a Reds fan and thoroughly enjoyed Shin-Soo Choo's contribution last year; not just his on-field performance and hustle, but also the way he comported himself off the field. (too bad Cincinnati can't afford him considering his free agency). Choo is Korean, but the professionalsim Eastern ballplayers bring to the game is refreshing.

Masahiro Tanaka hasn't landed with a team yet. Unless somebody breaks the bank only the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers are in the mix, but everybody is waiting. His contract will set the market for this year's free agent pitchers. Things will break fast and furious though, pitchers and catchers have to report to spring training in only a month.
NFL? Wut?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  British takeover of AF - can it be stopped? Duty 26 1420 November 15, 2020 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  A Friend Sent Me This Under the Heading of British Car Jacking Minimalist 2 462 January 24, 2017 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Halloween episode of a favorite British sitcom of mine Edwardo Piet 0 898 October 30, 2015 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet