Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the subject of homosexuality...
On the subject of homosexuality...
I'm new here, and I imagine this topic gets discussed a lot, so forgive me if I'm bringing up points that have already been brought up.

After being raised Christian until adulthood, I know that the Bible passages most often referred to by Christians condemning homosexuality are in Leviticus 20 and Romans 1. Oddly, it seems Christians ignore the fact that the most important individual of their religion never says a word on the subject, but when I often point this out they reply with "the Bible is inspired by God, so it doesn't matter if Jesus condemned homosexuality. Other men in the Bible did."

My main response in these cases that works well for me in my argument is to ask Christians if they make women go to the outskirts of their town and sit on a bucket during their menstruation period with no contact with anyone, because that is also a clear instruction in the book of Leviticus. As for the Romans 1 reference, I point out that Paul was a man who even thought marriage between a man and woman was undesirable, as well as the fact that another of his instructions for the church was that women always cover their head when they pray or they will be dishonored. The point I make by bringing up these bits is that if Christians have a right to skim over the instructions they are not comfortable with in the book they say is divine, what gives them the right to determine what should be enforced and what shouldn't?

(I'm not saying all Christians hate homosexuals, of course).
RE: On the subject of homosexuality...
Xtians are such noted cherry pickers they should all work in an orchard.
4 And he (Jesus) answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

So God from the beginning made them male and female and Jesus testifies to the truth that this is the created order of things.

As an indirect response: And the "word became flesh". All scripture is the "word" and Jesus is the word made flesh. So all of the revealed word is Jesus. So wether written in Leviticus or Romans they are still the words of Jesus.

The question is the same as it always is. What will you do with the words of Jesus Christ? Will you repent and believe them or will you harden your heart and perish?

I realize the pushback from Christians on homosexuality seems to be such a great focus. I would argue this is more due to a world trying to legalize and normalize something that is contrary to God's character, nature, and created order. If the world (in general) was trying to legalize or normalize lying or murder I would hope the opposition would be just as vocal. For it is written:

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

But if you harden not your heart:

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

If it could be proven beyond doubt that God exists...
and that He is the one spoken of in the Bible...
would you repent of your sins and place your faith in Jesus Christ?

I imagine that you are impressed by that pile of shit?
(January 19, 2014 at 8:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I imagine that you are impressed by that pile of shit?

Why is his words of TRUTH 'shit'. Also, watch your language.
(January 19, 2014 at 8:28 pm)Sinnersburninhell100 Wrote:
(January 19, 2014 at 8:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I imagine that you are impressed by that pile of shit?

Why is his words of TRUTH 'shit'. Also, watch your language.
Saying something is truth does not make it truth. Also, shit, piss, ass, fuck.
Fuck off and take your fantasies with you.

When you can provide evidence that any of your horseshit is true we can talk. Meanwhile, its as fucking absurd as the Egyptian Book of the Dead.
(January 19, 2014 at 8:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Fuck off and take your fantasies with you.

When you can provide evidence that any of your horseshit is true we can talk. Meanwhile, its as fucking absurd as the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

orangebox21 was trying to reveal the TRUTH in a kind and patient manner to the atheist. The Lord is also patient and He does not like nasty language use to insult othets.
(January 19, 2014 at 8:56 pm)Sinnersburninhell100 Wrote:
(January 19, 2014 at 8:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Fuck off and take your fantasies with you.

orangebox21 was trying to reveal the TRUTH in a kind and patient manner to the atheist. The Lord is also patient and He does not like nasty language use to insult othets.
Right, he just sends them to hell instead.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(January 19, 2014 at 9:00 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(January 19, 2014 at 8:56 pm)Sinnersburninhell100 Wrote: orangebox21 was trying to reveal the TRUTH in a kind and patient manner to the atheist. The Lord is also patient and He does not like nasty language use to insult othets.
Right, he just sends them to hell instead.

When you refer to God even with a prenoun you should always capitalize. Otherwise you are being disrespectfil.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 2686 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  On the subject of Hell and Salvation Alternatehistory95 278 27420 March 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Bible condemns homosexuality. Jehanne 190 28428 May 2, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Homosexuality degenerates Safirno 83 9339 July 9, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  the hammer of homosexuality loganonekenobi 403 48002 October 25, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Is Christianity against homosexuality? 123abc 60 10307 October 10, 2015 at 8:17 am
Last Post: robvalue
  HOMOSEXUALITY IS A 'SIN' BigGiantPorky 98 20416 August 1, 2015 at 10:58 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Being the subject of a prayer tjakey 32 11097 January 8, 2015 at 9:46 am
Last Post: JonDarbyXIII
  A wonderful response to biblical objections to homosexuality. Esquilax 22 6915 January 20, 2014 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Bashing Homosexuality and Everyone is Behind Him Yahweh 3 2034 December 25, 2013 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Yahweh