Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With All The Talk About Texas....
With All The Talk About Texas....
I don't want anyone to forget that we have some A-#1, First-Class, Super-Sized, Republicunt Assholes in Arizona, too.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/20/ar...hristians/

Quote:Arizona bill allows businesses to discriminate against unmarried women, non-Christians
RE: With All The Talk About Texas....
(January 20, 2014 at 8:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I don't want anyone to forget that we have some A-#1, First-Class, Super-Sized, Republicunt Assholes in Arizona, too.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/20/ar...hristians/

Quote:Arizona bill allows businesses to discriminate against unmarried women, non-Christians

THey're all for freedom of religion, as long as it's THEIR religion.
Dying to live, living to die.
Tyranny of the majority. This would be Onion worthy if it weren't true. This has no chance of passing does it? (I now think of Sheriff Joe, so who knows?)

The non-prohibition of discrimination comment is farcical in that the proposed legislation eliminates prohibition of discrimination.
(January 20, 2014 at 8:52 pm)Cato Wrote: Tyranny of the majority. This would be Onion worthy if it weren't true. This has no chance of passing does it? (I now think of Sheriff Joe, so who knows?)

The non-prohibition of discrimination comment is farcical in that the proposed legislation eliminates prohibition of discrimination.

Um.... I guess you didn't see this part?

Quote:A similar bill was passed by both the Arizona House and Senate last year before being vetoed by Gov. Jan Brewer ®, who refused to sign any bills until the legislature acted on expanding Medicaid.

The only reason that silly twat Brewer refused to sign it was because she had refused to sign anything until the acted on Medicaid Expansion.

This year....there is no such impediment and she is as stupid as ever.
What's this about unmarried women? So people who want to have jobs when they're not in school, or women who just haven't found their man yet, can get turned away just for that?

I'm a little less surprised about the non christian part, but I'm pretty sure that's about as unconstitutional as it gets in regards to the first amendment. Unless of course you mean freedom of religion just means freedom to worship Jesus in your own way.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I can't help but suspect that bills like this get pushed through at the state level because the sponsers know damned well that such bills will never survive judicial review, thus feeding into one of the right's favorite talking points: that the federal government is out to trample federalism and deny states their due authority under the 10th Amendment. It's just red meat for the rubes and a sure-fire way to ensure a steady supply of campaign contributions for public servant wanna-be's who will then take their anti-government ideology to D.C. and fuck up things even more than they already are.

In other words, as stupid and offensive as this bill is, I believe their is a longer-term strategy at play here.

The bastards.
The republicans can't afford a long-term strategy. As Bill Maher once said of them...."like the Beach Boys, their fans are dying." There is a sense of desperation in their actions because they see themselves losing power.

Of course, one of the reasons they are losing the younger generation is because they act like fucking twits but they can't seem to make that connection.
(January 21, 2014 at 11:57 am)Minimalist Wrote: The republicans can't afford a long-term strategy. As Bill Maher once said of them...."like the Beach Boys, their fans are dying." There is a sense of desperation in their actions because they see themselves losing power.

Of course, one of the reasons they are losing the younger generation is because they act like fucking twits but they can't seem to make that connection.

I take your point. Perhaps "long-term strategy" was poorly thought out. But gimmicks like this (and the unreasoning rage the GOP will try to stoke among their grass-roots supporters when the legislation is overturned, as it must) certainly doesn't hurt their coffers and will help to get the lunatic fringe of the party to the voting booth to fight The Man. Same old, same old for these cynical fucks.

And yes -- they are peculiarly clueless about why they are tanking among younger voters. Good.
Yeah - gimmick is a good word. A lot of it has to do with fund-raising, too.

If abortion ever vanished as an issue the republicans would be distraught. It is so useful to them as an "issue" to energize their base (and suck money out of them) that the last thing they want are solutions.
As the Slacker generattion takes over our government, the GOP will either become or be replaced by a more libertarian party that will be more favorable to civil liberties and differ with the Dems mostly on economic policy. Not because they have a plan, just because of demographics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2183 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 978 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4017 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Weaponizing Fashion (Bannon, Cambridge Analytica talk) bennyboy 0 240 November 30, 2018 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Voting Machines Switching Votes in Texas ReptilianPeon 5 902 October 31, 2018 at 8:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What Do Republicunts Talk About Behind Closed Doors? Minimalist 3 502 August 9, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2135 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can we talk about Trump's war on the scientific community? Aegon 44 5377 January 30, 2017 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: John V
  Let's talk about drugs Aegon 86 10080 September 4, 2016 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Regina
  Oh Texas! Thump, how do you bear it? Whateverist 15 1528 August 24, 2016 at 10:56 am
Last Post: mlmooney89