Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pregnant, brain-dead Texas woman forced to carry “distinctly abnormal" fetus to term
Pregnant, brain-dead Texas woman forced to carry “distinctly abnormal" fetus to term
Newsflash: Texas continues to suck sloppy sphincters.

Quote:FORT WORTH — Attorneys for the family of a pregnant Haltom City woman who has been on life support at John Peter Smith Hospital for eight weeks issued a statement late Wednesday that the fetus is “distinctly abnormal.”

The 22-week-old fetus’s lower extremities are deformed and it is impossible to determine its gender, the attorneys for the woman’s husband, Erick Muñoz, said in an emailed statement.

“The fetus suffers from hydrocephalus [water on the brain]. It also appears that there are further abnormalities, including a possible heart problem, that cannot be specifically determined due to the immobile nature of Mrs. Muñoz’s deceased body,” the statement said.

The fetus, which was deprived of oxygen for “an indeterminate length of time, is gestating within a dead and deteriorating body as the horrified family looks on,” the attorneys said.

Marlise Muñoz, 33, was 14 weeks pregnant when she collapsed Nov. 26. She was taken to JPS, where doctors told her husband that she was brain-dead. He and other relatives asked that life support be removed.

JPS officials refused, citing a state law requiring that a pregnant woman remain on life support until the fetus is viable, usually at 24 to 26 weeks.

So yeah, the state of Texas is forcing this woman to remain alive, against the explicit wishes of her family, just so she can deliver a baby that has been damaged beyond any hope of it having anything resembling a normal life, assuming it even survives delivery.

This is the sort of monstrous, inhumane shit you get when your state is deep red.
RE: Pregnant, brain-dead Texas woman forced to carry “distinctly abnormal" fetus to term
[Image: tumblr_ls6hxnVSJn1qj6vzg.gif]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Pregnant, brain-dead Texas woman forced to carry “distinctly abnormal" fetus to term
Well I guess it is best for the deformed child and the already brain dead woman be allowed to walk the bridge to the afterlife.
However if it is the law, there is not much that can be done about it. After all, what if the child was in fact healthy? Would you take this woman off of life support?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
[Image: aeN9Ojp_460sa.gif]

What the hell?!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

The sadistic government of Texas isn't "keeping her alive" she's technically already dead they are forcing her body to keep an already abnormal fetus alive in-utero. NATURALLY, that fetus would be dead as well. To me this is more "satanic" than "Christian".
I want to see someone try to justify this.
The frustrating thing is watching the state government foot all her bills for unwanted medical care, but still refuse to expand medicare expansion with Obamacare. Sure, the the state will pay your medical bills, but only when you don't want them paid for.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Pregnant, brain-dead Texas woman forced to carry “distinctly abnormal" fetus ...
(January 23, 2014 at 8:33 am)No_God Wrote: The sadistic government of Texas isn't "keeping her alive" she's technically already dead they are forcing her body to keep an already abnormal fetus alive in-utero. NATURALLY, that fetus would be dead as well. To me this is more "satanic" than "Christian".

Very true, however I don't think that the law regarding this was made to keep alive a brain dead woman who is going to give birth to a stillborn or abnormal fetus.
Its just the case that this woman has been a victim to a law that was made with good intentions.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Same with the two women in my state who murdered two children thinking they would be cleansed of demons and sent to god. Their INTENTIONS were "good" but their actions were, at least to the sane, evil.

Edit: Let me rephrase that...

THEY thought their intentions were "good" but obviously they were not.

This is kinda how I feel with this woman on life support. They think their intentions are good but they actually are not good at all. In fact, they are idiotic. It's idiotic to keep a person on life support just to support her very early pregnancy.
RE: Pregnant, brain-dead Texas woman forced to carry “distinctly abnormal" fetus ...
(January 23, 2014 at 10:20 am)No_God Wrote: Same with the two women in my state who murdered two children thinking they would be cleansed of demons and sent to god. Their INTENTIONS were "good" but their actions were, at least to the sane, evil.
Well, I don't think this is evil, but I think its just a waste of time and resources.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4217 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Congressional Term Limits Aristocatt 30 2819 January 2, 2021 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  Voting Machines Switching Votes in Texas ReptilianPeon 5 938 October 31, 2018 at 8:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4471 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8033 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Dems pick LGBT woman of color for SOTU rebuttal John V 10 1860 January 27, 2018 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Trump appointee shows his support for our troops, and is forced to resign. The Grand Nudger 6 862 January 19, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  The 2018 mid-term US elections. Jehanne 18 4515 October 7, 2017 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 71882 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Quick fix marketing, and long term politics. Brian37 6 1586 April 19, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: brewer