Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global temperatures since 1950
Global temperatures since 1950

So, global warming isn't true, heh?...
RE: Global temperatures since 1950
That Carbon credits and Cap and trade is going to stop the planet from going through it's normal cycles is not true
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Ugh... climate change deniers still exist?
I am in the rare position of not taking either side here. I have no opinion eitherway I am certainly not going to put any evidence for one side or the other BUT I have to ask why those who beleive that Global warming is happening feel that they had to lie about it (as in the East Anglia University 'trick') and why they suddenly changed from 'global warming' to 'climate change' when they raised that it has not gotten appreciably warmer?

people who are certain of their position don't lie. They also don't feel they need to threaten the livelihoods of the opposition and even attack them. I am not for a moment saying that Man made climate change isn't true but what is true is that the who claimate change industry seems to be a little on shaky ground itself.
(January 27, 2014 at 7:17 am)là bạn điên Wrote: I am in the rare position of not taking either side here. I have no opinion eitherway I am certainly not going to put any evidence for one side or the other BUT I have to ask why those who beleive that Global warming is happening feel that they had to lie about it (as in the East Anglia University 'trick') and why they suddenly changed from 'global warming' to 'climate change' when they raised that it has not gotten appreciably warmer?

people who are certain of their position don't lie. They also don't feel they need to threaten the livelihoods of the opposition and even attack them. I am not for a moment saying that Man made climate change isn't true but what is true is that the who claimate change industry seems to be a little on shaky ground itself.

You may just not know enough on the subject yet. Global warming and Global Climate change aren't the same. Global Warming causes climate change. I don't know to much about what happened in East Anglia University, what I do know is over 95% of climate scientists agree that global warming is man made, the experts on the subject, while the deniers are mainly congested of people with media outlets. The only climate change industry there is is business man looking to capitalize, which happens no matter what the product is.
All I know is that it's -35 where I'm at right now, so I would be ok with a little global warming right about now.
I'm all for global warming. We need more SUVs on the road so I don't have to shiver every winter.
I think we just need to admit that we might need to alter some of our lifestyle choices and maybe start weaning ourselves off of fossil fuels. It doesn't take a genius to see that's the motive behind most denial.

If you tease Christians for denying the scientific findings of biology and cosmology and geology because they don't like what the results imply, you shouldn't follow their lead regarding climatology. You don't sound any different accusing climate scientists of ulterior motives than Christians do accusing scientists of hating God and wanting to erase him from the world.
(January 27, 2014 at 7:06 am)Odysseus Wrote: Ugh... climate change deniers still exist?

FOX News is full of them. As soon as it snows somewhere you can set your watch by the time it takes these ignorant douchebags to claim that global warming is a hoax by evil "liberals" to undercut the patriotic energy companies.
Unfortunately, I know more deniers than I do believers. Deniers don't submit much research for peer review for a reason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great blog post on the history of global warming science. Jehanne 0 591 December 17, 2016 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  A side-effect of global warming. Jehanne 16 2610 June 4, 2016 at 4:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Global ocean discovered on Saturn moon Cyberman 24 5122 September 17, 2015 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Global Warming: Long term observations yield unsurprising results popeyespappy 55 9265 March 14, 2015 at 7:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  John Oliver - Global Warming Video Minimalist 36 7682 May 30, 2014 at 5:18 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Global warming skeptic does about face popeyespappy 6 2518 August 3, 2012 at 6:13 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Global warming study, with Koch funding. 5thHorseman 8 3727 August 1, 2012 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  GeoScience- Carbon feed back loops and Global Warming KichigaiNeko 1 1100 April 24, 2011 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: ib.me.ub
  Global warming. Man-made or not? Darwinian 8 3973 October 31, 2008 at 7:17 am
Last Post: leo-rcc