Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exercising w/ The woman
Exercising w/ The woman
Stepping on the scale lately has been proving to be pretty depressing. Holy shit when did I get to 208 @ 5'9?? I used to be so fit wtf.

Anyways, that's to be expected when all I do is go to work (desk job), come home.. eat.. sleep and repeat. Every once in awhile I'll manage to get out and do something.

Now I've been trying to get my girlfriend to come exercise with me and in my case I'm pretty avid with cycling (road). I did convince her to get a bike and come around town with me which worked for a bit but after a few months though she stopped wanting to go!

Now of course this doesn't necessarily stop me from going, but we have no days off together and I try to spend my free time with her. At this rate though, I'll never lose this weight.

Now I love my share of indoor activities (Anime, gaming, movies etc.) but it seems this is all she wants to do. Everytime I say "hey hun let's hit up the park!" she'd rather do something inside... ugh.

I'm starting to think I'll need to just put aside some time and just say "I'm going cycling for a bit, you wanna come or not?"

Anyone here ever have problems with a significant other that prefers to be lazy?
RE: Exercising w/ The woman
I never had a significant other Sad
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(January 26, 2014 at 10:01 am)wolf39us Wrote: I'm starting to think I'll need to just put aside some time and just say "I'm going cycling for a bit, you wanna come or not?"

Can't really weigh in on advice for a SO that doesn't share your exercising preferences but I'm not entirely averse to saying that you're approach above isn't necessarily a bad approach.

It is unfortunate that she doesn't share your love of cycling but if you want to increase your time exercising it seems like your option right now is to forge ahead on your own while continuing to extend the offer for her to come along while making an attempt to find an activity that you both enjoy and make it a regular thing.

Unless your girlfriend is also on a mission to lose weight and/or get more fit, a solo approach might be a good thing right now since you would have the option to work to your maximum ability without having to worry about whether you're leaving her in the dust or not, while in the meantime talking about a way in which you two can be active together. Another approach you might take is talking to her about joining an exercise class together that you can tailor to your ability levels and goals. This might be a good way to diversify your own workouts and fit in some cross-training while spending time with your girlfriend and being active.

If she likes to stay home and you have a game console of some kind, are there workout or exercise games you can play together like WII fit games or something with that Xbox connect thing that tracks your movements? (I'm not a gamer so I apologize if I got that stuff wrong... Smile) Again, this could be a way to exercise together while remaining at home where it seems she likes to be while getting in some cross-training for you.

Is it an option for you to bike to work? If you enjoy cycling but don't want to do it on your own in your off-time and take away time with your girlfriend, is there a way to fit in cycling to your daily routine and bike-commute?

Most of all, I'd suggest simply having a talk with your girlfriend about your fitness goals and your desire to spend time with her and seeing how she can contribute or participate in your exercising time.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Tell her that she's got a big bum. She'll want to cycle (or hike, or play tennis, or something).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 26, 2014 at 4:20 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote:
(January 26, 2014 at 10:01 am)wolf39us Wrote: I'm starting to think I'll need to just put aside some time and just say "I'm going cycling for a bit, you wanna come or not?"

Can't really weigh in on advice for a SO that doesn't share your exercising preferences but I'm not entirely averse to saying that you're approach above isn't necessarily a bad approach....

That was cruel. Tongue
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Is she hot? Because if she is than she's a keeper, if not find someone who will exercise with you.
(January 26, 2014 at 4:48 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote: Is she hot? Because if she is than she's a keeper, if not find someone who will exercise with you.

Haha! Oh yes, listen to our resident anarchist teenager for love advice Rolleyes

He does sort of have a small point hidden in there somewhere, though. Is she overweight? If so, does she have a desire to get fit? If not, it might be a problem in the long run.
(January 26, 2014 at 4:45 pm)Sejanus Wrote:
(January 26, 2014 at 4:20 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Can't really weigh in on advice for a SO that doesn't share your exercising preferences but I'm not entirely averse to saying that you're approach above isn't necessarily a bad approach....

That was cruel. Tongue

lol, perhaps a bad choice of words... Big Grin

(January 26, 2014 at 4:48 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote: Is she hot? Because if she is than she's a keeper, if not find someone who will exercise with you.

How shallow.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(January 26, 2014 at 4:52 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:

Haha! Oh yes, listen to our resident anarchist teenager for love advice Rolleyes
I was a Marxist at the time I joined the forum. But now I am an anarchist through & through.
(January 26, 2014 at 10:01 am)wolf39us Wrote: Stepping on the scale lately has been proving to be pretty depressing. Holy shit when did I get to 208 @ 5'9?? I used to be so fit wtf.

Anyways, that's to be expected when all I do is go to work (desk job), come home.. eat.. sleep and repeat. Every once in awhile I'll manage to get out and do something.

Now I've been trying to get my girlfriend to come exercise with me and in my case I'm pretty avid with cycling (road). I did convince her to get a bike and come around town with me which worked for a bit but after a few months though she stopped wanting to go!

Now of course this doesn't necessarily stop me from going, but we have no days off together and I try to spend my free time with her. At this rate though, I'll never lose this weight.

Now I love my share of indoor activities (Anime, gaming, movies etc.) but it seems this is all she wants to do. Everytime I say "hey hun let's hit up the park!" she'd rather do something inside... ugh.

I'm starting to think I'll need to just put aside some time and just say "I'm going cycling for a bit, you wanna come or not?"

Anyone here ever have problems with a significant other that prefers to be lazy?

Tell her cute girls keep approaching you while your cycling.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to bring equality to man and woman. I have the solution Ramus932 4 548 June 13, 2020 at 9:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A woman proposes to a man Graufreud 13 1339 August 10, 2018 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  OMG, I keep getting mistaken for a woman. Brian37 20 5250 January 5, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Brian37
  What do you guys think of Chris Brown after he threatened a woman with a gun? Tarasoft11 47 6649 September 16, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  What is your most ideal look for a man and woman? Catholic_Lady 255 40686 July 17, 2016 at 6:06 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Man or woman? Foxaèr 43 6238 May 11, 2016 at 12:41 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is woman the center of the universe, or... Foxaèr 34 4366 April 2, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Seeing a Woman: A conversation between father and son. Catholic_Lady 7 1222 January 18, 2016 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Woman's bogus Yelp reviews that actually have to do with her dates c172 1 746 January 12, 2016 at 11:08 am
Last Post: dyresand
  What is your most ideal look for a man and woman in relation to their clothing. paulpablo 30 4740 December 31, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet