Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condiments
Condiments
Time for a silly question, what is your favorite condiment? Do you spray ketchup on all your food? Or is it slathered in tartar sauce? Tell me! Smile

Mine is soy sauce. No food is complete without a dash of that yummy black liquid [Image: soy_sauce_1328292447.jpg]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Condiments
Sriracha!

[Image: 0002446306109_500X500.jpg]
It really depends, but I'd say soy sauce is more versatile than most things. Mustard for sausage. Mayo for fries. Ketchup can be good on pizza or fries or macaroni or rice. For sushi, I top it with the ginger, but not wasabi usually, nor soy sauce.

ETA: sri racha or tabasco are great on pizza. Tabasco is a must for an open faced grilled cheese. For a deli sandwich, mayo and mustard.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
For me, mustard is good on just about anything. I get strange looks when I dip my fries. I use ketchup on macaroni and scrambled eggs (with pepper and garlic powder).

I'm also a big fan of hot sauces. Hot is great, but must bring the flavor.
(January 26, 2014 at 2:12 pm)Cato Wrote: I'm also a big fan of hot sauces. Hot is great, but must bring the flavor.

I agree!

Of all hot sauces, Habanero Tabasco is my favorite.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Tabasco in general is great for that. It's a bit hot, but somewhat more vinegary than anything.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Ranch is good. Veggies, meat, pizza... I also like spicy mustard its good on sandwiches and corn-dogs.
I'm not a soy sauce fan, i use very little if any.
[Image: 347]
Spicy mustard and creamed horseradish are my favorites. Just try making a decent roast beef sandwich without them!
Habanero salsa. Habanero + pineapple, habanero + mango, or plain habanero picante sauce.
When I was younger, it was ketchup on everything.

Now, it is a tie between ranch dressing and hot sauce, not both at the same time, obviously.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter