Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it cruel for atheist to have kids
Is it cruel for atheist to have kids
As we know life is pointless and we our all living a death sentence to eternity is it not cruel for us to bring kids into this world with a death sentence over their head.Animals reproduce through basically a biological drug addiction[orgasm] but we humans are better than that we know how to stop pregnancies. What iam saying is that abortions for every pregnant human being is humane when you think about it.
RE: Is it cruel for atheist to have kids
I like life on Earth, so no, unless you know you are unprepared to have kids. I am unprepared to have kids, so I have no kids.

ETA: Also, wanna make an intro in the intro area, and tell us about you?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
First of all, let me say how very, very much I enjoyed your introductory post. So nice to see someone following the rules.

Quote:As we know life is pointless

Whaddya mean 'we know life is pointless'? YOUR life may be pointless, don't dare to presume to speak for mine.

Quote:and we our all living a death sentence to eternity

Ok, you're aware that that phrase is meaningless, right?

Quote:is it not cruel for us to bring kids into this world with a death sentence over their head.

No, it isn't.

Quote:Animals reproduce through basically a biological drug addiction[orgasm]

If you think that orgasm is a drug addiction, you may want to google the terms 'orgasm' and 'drug addiction'.

Quote:but we humans are better than that we know how to stop pregnancies.

Yeah, so?

Quote:What iam saying is that abortions for every pregnant human being is humane when you think about it.

So...your solution to every human being having a death sentence is keep human beings from being born?

Psst, it's just us, you can tell me - you're an idiot, aren't you?

Boru[/quote]
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:As we know life is pointless and we our all living a death sentence to eternity is it not cruel for us to bring kids into this world with a death sentence over their head

So...if you believe in fairy tales you don't have to die?
animals breed because its an instinct but we are smarter than that breedings is pointless i personally think its cruel.

(January 26, 2014 at 8:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: First of all, let me say how very, very much I enjoyed your introductory post. So nice to see someone following the rules.

Quote:As we know life is pointless

Whaddya mean 'we know life is pointless'? YOUR life may be pointless, don't dare to presume to speak for mine.

Quote:and we our all living a death sentence to eternity

Ok, you're aware that that phrase is meaningless, right?

Quote:is it not cruel for us to bring kids into this world with a death sentence over their head.

No, it isn't.
Animals reproduce through basically a biological drug addiction[orgasm]
Quote:If you think that orgasm is a drug addiction, you may want to google the terms 'orgasm' and 'drug addiction'.
but we humans are better than that we know how to stop pregnancies.
Quote:Yeah, so?
What iam saying is that abortions for every pregnant human being is humane when you think about it.
Quote:So...your solution to every human being having a death sentence is keep human beings from being born?

Boru
[/quote]
no it is pointless and thats a fact. you are fuck all and so am i
Ok normally I don't say stuff like this, but that was really one of the stupidest posts I've ever read.
Quote:but we are smarter than that

Don't paint with too broad a brush.

[Image: 249270409_664e6841fa.jpe]
Quote:Whaddya mean 'we know life is pointless'? YOUR life may be pointless, don't dare to presume to speak for mine.
Though I think he has a point in saying that life is rather pointless for an atheist, other than what seems to be living life purely for enjoying life.
And even that is pointless regarding that its a finite pleasure, and it comes with up&downs aswell.
Quote:No, it isn't.
But what do you get out of it? It actually prevents you from enjoying life as much as possible, and on top of that, you're actually bringing into the world another life that will find an end sooner or later, very much like you.
Quote:So...your solution to every human being having a death sentence is keep human beings from being born?

Boru
He means for atheists.
Not people like me, of course, who see a deeper meaning in the creation of a child, and actually have a sense of past and future, who see a purpose in life itself, beyond than just living it.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
If anything, it's theists' lives that are pointless. They believe that this is a "pre-game" of sorts. They die and go on to their true calling in heaven or what have you. For an atheist, this is all we get. The time I have with my son, my unborn daughter, my family, is limited to this life. If that doesn't give your life a "point", then I don't know what is wrong with you.
humane life is about 80 years the universe is something like 13 billion years old that makes us pretty pointless

(January 26, 2014 at 9:15 pm)Shaggy Wrote: If anything, it's theists' lives that are pointless. They believe that this is a "pre-game" of sorts. They die and go on to their true calling in heaven or what have you. For an atheist, this is all we get. The time I have with my son, my unborn daughter, my family, is limited to this life. If that doesn't give your life a "point", then I don't know what is wrong with you.
well you aint a horney lion or donkey who have kids through pure instinct your human you could of worn a condom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Santa and Other Lies to the Kids mlmooney89 25 2646 August 27, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Raising atheist kids. Jehanne 26 4184 March 16, 2017 at 1:05 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 7306 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Religious kids more likely to be cunts than atheist ones Napoléon 12 2783 November 6, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Do we need more Atheist books for kids? process613 43 7522 November 30, 2014 at 4:14 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Why are so many atheists cruel? edgeoflogic 14 2933 March 22, 2014 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Thank you all. I have lost so much. I have gained much more. Mr. Moncrieff 30 7103 March 6, 2014 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My girlfriend wants our kids introduced to "all major world religions" Engel 38 22883 May 9, 2012 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: AthiestAtheist
  Kids and Christmas Chuff 23 10607 March 25, 2012 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  This cruel universe I love so dearly Purple Rabbit 36 19882 July 13, 2009 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Purple Rabbit