Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The News
The News
I've long since stopped watching it. Load of twaddle and infotainment. Cutting that time from my day and putting it to better use has improved my life. I don't need 10 mins of adds, 5 mins of celebrity gossip, 10 mins of sports I don't care about to get to the 1 min I do, 2 minutes of water boarding squirrels and then the weather. Our ABC (analogous to the BBC) is almost as bad. Nowadays I just let other people filter the news for me, if some other country gets wiped off the face of the earth, I'll hear about it, if it's not important enough to get the people I associate with talking, it's not important enough to sit listening too in the first place.

You guys still plugged in?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
RE: The News
RT all the way.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Nope I never watch the news. I'll hear about the really big shit through other sources, but never from news. Those big news channels are so biased is ridiculous.
[Image: I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg]
[Image: 1362566843736_zps04d085c2.jpg]
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
http://www.rense.com/general44/sevenjewishamericans.htm

News is garbage, news is only what they want us to see and know about, anything else is hidden and not discussed.
Actually, I find the least biased news source is Al jazzera.

Not counting citizen journalism which is the future.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Don't watch TV at all. Very rare we have it on, excepting for programs that may be of interest. Waiting for Cosmos to get to Oz channels though.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 28, 2014 at 6:59 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Actually, I find the least biased news source is Al jazzera.

Al Jazeera has an extreme anti-Israel bias.
(January 28, 2014 at 8:09 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote:
(January 28, 2014 at 6:59 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Actually, I find the least biased news source is Al jazzera.

Al Jazeera has an extreme anti-Israel bias.

http://israelicrimes.blogspot.com/

http://www.endisraeliwarcrimes.com/

What is anti-Israel?

Anti-crime? Anti-Genocide? Anti-Terrorism? Anti-Theft?

Those are good things to be opposed too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good News - Bad News Minimalist 3 644 July 5, 2016 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: account_inactive