Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spiders
Spiders
So there was just this creepy looking spider crawling across my ceiling, one of the really spooky looking ones with the long legs. So I go to squish it, & it fucking lets go & falls to the ground, scared me shitless. Now I don't know where it is hiding. This happend just a minute ago.

ANyone else have any true spider stories to share?

Just saw the creepy bugger crawling on the floor so I squished it in self-defence.
RE: Spiders
Years ago my sister and I were in the basement of my parents house which is notorious for breeding MASSIVE wolf spiders because of the rockiness of the area... I swear this spider was bigger than a CD disk. Just so happens that spider crawled on the door as we were trying to exit the basement. We threw EVERYTHING we had at it. It didn't budge. Eventually I made a run for it and got up stairs... my sister was still down there screaming. I remember that being the most terrifying 15 minutes of my life. I've gone through surgeries, been in car accidents, and given birth and those things combined were not as terrifying.

AND another story about this spider riddled house. I was in high school and couple of friends came over for a bonfire. I felt something crawling on me to I turned on the flash light... we were covered in baby wolf spiders. We must have stepped on a momma carrying her babies....
(January 28, 2014 at 10:19 am)No_God Wrote: Years ago my sister and I were in the basement of my parents house which is notorious for breeding MASSIVE wolf spiders because of the rockiness of the area... I swear this spider was bigger than a CD disk. Just so happens that spider crawled on the door as we were trying to exit the basement. We threw EVERYTHING we had at it. It didn't budge. Eventually I made a run for it and got up stairs... my sister was still down there screaming. I remember that being the most terrifying 15 minutes of my life. I've gone through surgeries, been in car accidents, and given birth and those things combined were not as terrifying.

AND another story about this spider riddled house. I was in high school and couple of friends came over for a bonfire. I felt something crawling on me to I turned on the flash light... we were covered in baby wolf spiders. We must have stepped on a momma carrying her babies....
Eekkk! Those are some great stories. I'm glad I live too far North for wolf spiders.
I don't mind spiders. When I was a stationed in San Diego, we used to catch the tarantulas and keep them as pets. Had a terrarium in my office. Feed them crickets and geckos and whatnot.
I do not fear spiders. In fact, I allow them to build their nets around the room.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Gahhhh. One reason I'm glad to live in the UK!

I used to live in a house with loads of spiders which were huge for the UK (inch or so legspan). I used to pick them off with my trusty bb gun.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Spiders are among my favorite creatures. I love how every year around springtime I get a family of jumping spiders that hatch in my room. They're so goofy and cute.
I saw Arachnaphobia when I was a kid, so spiders obviously scare me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Spiders terrify me. Like big time.
My friends in the scouts and my extremely arachnophobic cousin conditioned me to become fearless of bugs. E.g. this summer I got a call from Scruffy, while I was at work, that went like this:

S: Honey, there's a big wasp in our curtains.
M: Smash it!
S: I can't! You know why? Because just above it is a small a nest, I might hit it!
M: Well remove the nest!
S: ---
M: You want me to remove the nest when I come home from work?
S: Uh-huh!
Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura