Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've had it
I've had it
I truly have.

Mine is a world in which everyone else gets the girl, no matter how hard I try. It's the Red Queen's race: "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

So I give myself the exact same ultimatum I did back in 2001. I have until the end of February to at least get one kiss, one cuddle from a girl who doesn't turn her head away so as not to endure my presence. One moment when I don't feel like I'm disconnected from the human race. Anything more intimate is a bonus, of course, not to mention cloud fucking cuckoo land.

After that, I resign. From this forum, from life itself, for realsies.

Last time, I got nine years of sheer total bliss. What will I get this time, I wonder?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: I've had it
Stimbo, friend... you need a change of environment. Get a job and meet people. Join a club. Get help. I know I keep telling you the same thing, but this is the only thing I can think of. For different results you need to do something different. *hug
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon

Oh, stop thinking about sex! You're always on about it. Morning, noon and night: "Will the girls like this, will the girls like that? Is it too big, is it too small?"

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 29, 2014 at 12:07 am)Stimbo Wrote: I truly have.

Mine is a world in which everyone else gets the girl, no matter how hard I try. It's the Red Queen's race: "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

So I give myself the exact same ultimatum I did back in 2001. I have until the end of February to at least get one kiss, one cuddle from a girl who doesn't turn her head away so as not to endure my presence. One moment when I don't feel like I'm disconnected from the human race. Anything more intimate is a bonus, of course, not to mention cloud fucking cuckoo land.

After that, I resign. From this forum, from life itself, for realsies.

Last time, I got nine years of sheer total bliss. What will I get this time, I wonder?

Their loss. You're one of my favorite people here. I am shocked that you haven't reconnected with someone. I know you still carry the torch big time and that might be getting in the way. If you're going to give yourself this sort of ultimatum then you'd better go all out to make it happen. We're counting on you - go get HER!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUPk1ccIf5k

I'm out of Jager. Hurry payday.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 29, 2014 at 12:07 am)Stimbo Wrote: So I give myself the exact same ultimatum I did back in 2001. I have until the end of February to at least get one kiss, one cuddle from a girl who doesn't turn her head away so as not to endure my presence. One moment when I don't feel like I'm disconnected from the human race. Anything more intimate is a bonus, of course, not to mention cloud fucking cuckoo land.

Just one kiss or one cuddle from a girl will make you feel connected to the human race again? Otherwise you feel disconnected? ... Come on Stimbo. Tongue
Ah L'Amour. The thing which you get when you're not looking for it any more. Ivy gives good advice. Find new things and new people. Broaden your scope. Fish in different waters. And don't force it, these things rarely happen when you do.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Not sure giving yourself this kind of ultimatum is going to work too well. From memory I tended to pull only when I wasn't actively trying. I think that we tend to give off some kind of sense of desperate that others pick up on when we set goals like this.

My best advice would be to chill out, leave yourself open to the possibility, socialize as much as you can and let things take their natural course.

Do that and it will probably happen, but not necessarily in your timescale.

I'm assuming you've already tried dating sites and the like.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
(January 29, 2014 at 1:24 am)rasetsu Wrote:

Oh, stop thinking about sex! You're always on about it. Morning, noon and night: "Will the girls like this, will the girls like that? Is it too big, is it too small?"

Somehow I don't think that's going to help.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

(January 29, 2014 at 3:43 am)max-greece Wrote: Not sure giving yourself this kind of ultimatum is going to work too well. From memory I tended to pull only when I wasn't actively trying. I think that we tend to give off some kind of sense of desperate that others pick up on when we set goals like this.

My best advice would be to chill out, leave yourself open to the possibility, socialize as much as you can and let things take their natural course.

Do that and it will probably happen, but not necessarily in your timescale.

I'm assuming you've already tried dating sites and the like.
Agreed. Women can smell desperation at 0.2 parts per million. Like bloodhounds they are.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 746 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  had had and the lexical ambiguity Rhizomorph13 4 340 March 4, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I never had hangover. purplepurpose 15 1298 February 25, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2017 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  I had no idea my ex wife was in the neighborhood onlinebiker 3 511 January 21, 2019 at 9:35 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You had one job! Mr.Obvious 7 1199 December 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 8437 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Just had my first proper lucid dream ErGingerbreadMandude 33 4165 February 17, 2018 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Screw turkey, I had this yesterday. YUM YUM Brian37 10 1170 November 26, 2017 at 1:30 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  What if you had the power to reinvent money ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4450 October 8, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Aegon