Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humor Decree
Exclamation 
Humor Decree
As your newly elected ruler of humor, I am here to set forth the new AF.ORG PEOPLE'S CODE OF FUNNY.

On making jokes:
  1. Do not make fun of TEGH or what he likes.
  2. Puns are not allowed.
  3. You may not mock atheism
  4. If you are under 18, you may not make jokes. You're not funny yet.
  5. Sarcasm should be obvious enough that it does not require a smiley or a /s for it to be known as sarcasm.
  6. Theists cannot make jokes.
  7. Women must make jokes that guys can relate to.
  8. Racist humor is never appropriate unless where appropriate.
  9. Do not mock the disabled when they're around.

In order to make jokes, you must apply for a Joke License. These are only granted at the discretion of TEGH. If you don't have one yet, you're not going to get one.

Sincerely,
Dear Leader.

[Image: xlyZfYa.gif]
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Humor Decree
How many cocks did you suck to win that one, TEGH?

Big Grin
(January 29, 2014 at 4:10 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: How many cocks did you suck to win that one, TEGH?

Big Grin

[Image: yvWIkjN.gif]
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Psh. I'll make jokes all I want.

[Image: ydiBX0B.gif]
As a way of showing my intense, unwavering support of Rule #2 (No puns), I submit the following:

There was once a leader of a primitive tribe. Not marrying until rather late in life, the leader died before his son and heir came of age. To prevent a governance crisis, the tribe decided to appoint a council of regents to rule until the young price was old enough to assume the throne. As a way of insuring that no one not sanctified sat upon the leader's throne, the Chair of Authority was hoisted up and secured among the rafters of the Grass Palace, residence of the leader.

All went well for a year or so until once day when the young price and his friends were playing in the palace, directly under the spot where the Chair of Authority had been secured. Sadly, the ropes parted at this very moment, and the heavy chair fell, crushing and killing the prince.

The moral of this story is, naturally, that people who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

I was funny once.

No, really. I'm serious.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 29, 2014 at 5:16 pm)rasetsu Wrote:

I was funny once.

No, really. I'm serious.

Being funny 'once' implies that you were funny in the past, which of course puts one in mind of the medieval court jester (he lived in the past, see?) who was famed far and wide for his puns. In fact, it was his boast that he could make a pun upon literally any subject.

To test this boast, the King order the jester, 'Make a pun about Me.'

'My apologies, Majesty, but that I cannot do. The King, you see, is not a "subject" .'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I wanna be your humor Hammer! Brian37 0 451 August 30, 2021 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Danger Of Humor. Brian37 4 747 August 24, 2021 at 7:49 am
  So wrong, but dark humor funny wrong. Brian37 13 1999 March 27, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Rank humor tackattack 3 366 December 1, 2018 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Oklahoma and sports humor. Brian37 0 269 September 24, 2017 at 1:59 pm
  Humor but not humor. "Trump is......." Brian37 27 2524 December 3, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  the real reason why we haven't seen Jesus in 2000 years . . . (humor) drfuzzy 1 1253 May 3, 2016 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Not really humor, but I always find it funny. Brian37 1 972 February 22, 2016 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Living in Death
Big Grin Science nerd humor *Deidre* 10 3057 January 5, 2016 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Alcohol humor...... Brian37 17 3755 June 9, 2015 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Cato