Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
witchcraft really?
witchcraft really?
I was on another forum recently and the subject of witchcraft came up. One user said they wanted to curse someone using witchcraft. A christian user commented and told them not to because witch craft is against Christianity. I asked him if he really believed in witchcraft and he said witch craft is very real and it upsets god. I said you do realise that harry potter is fictional?.... no reply.

So christians on this forum do you believe in witchcraft and cursing people?
RE: witch craft really?
You know you could have the decency to actually phrase an intelligent question.

People make two mistakes - either they mix-up witchcraft with psychic abilities or they mix it up with the "Harry Potter" fictional model of more-or-less "real magic".

Go read a book, and then come back and ask your question when you want to ask about witchcraft- not psychics- not magicians.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: witch craft really?
You did not answer do you believe that witchcraft is real?
RE: witchcraft really?
(January 30, 2014 at 4:59 am)yoshirama Wrote: You did not answer do you believe that witchcraft is real?

Oh yes, and they are old school as hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG_te2VMq5Q
Quote:You know you could have the decency to actually phrase an intelligent question.

Phrasing a question in a manner YOU don't happen to like hardly makes yoshirama indecent.

Quote:People make two mistakes - either they mix-up witchcraft with psychic abilities or they mix it up with the "Harry Potter" fictional model of more-or-less "real magic".

People make a lot more than 'two mistakes', mate. For example, they often make the mistake of completely missing the point of the question asked them.

Quote:Go read a book, and then come back and ask your question when you want to ask about witchcraft- not psychics- not magicians.

Perhaps you should read one as well. Historically, people accused of witchcraft had the specific charge of 'cursing' leveled against them - cursing people, crops, livestock, etc.

With that in mind, any chance you could get up of the Anglican side off your arse and answer the question?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 30, 2014 at 5:49 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: With that in mind, any chance you could get up of the Anglican side off your arse and answer the question?
Why don't you shove it up your arse?

As I said, I'm not going to answer such a poorly constructed question - that's simply like asking "hey are religions good or bad" - hmm, which ones?

Here I will provide you with scientific evidence that prayer is effective in a randomized double-blind study conducted in the 90's:

Link

The largest and most reliable scientific study on said matter.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Aractus,
The construction of the original question wasn't poor. Your assumption that yoshirama's intended meaning of the word witchcraft only fits two narrow definitions with which you take issue is absolutely absurd.

Prayer study: You either don't know what retroactive means or fail to see the obvious problem with praying in 2000 for people that had been discharged from hospital or died between 1990 and 1996.

Are you having a bad day?
Quote:Why don't you shove it up your arse?

Not nearly enough room.

Quote:As I said, I'm not going to answer such a poorly constructed question - that's simply like asking "hey are religions good or bad" - hmm, which ones?

There was nothing wrong with the construction of the question. Complaining about it is like complaining about the question, 'Are all trees made of wood?' with the reply 'But are you talking about pine trees or shoe trees?'

Quote:Here I will provide you with scientific evidence that prayer is effective in a randomized double-blind study conducted in the 90's:

Here's another http://www.ahjonline.com/article/PIIS000...6/abstract Chew on that.

But back to our muttons. If you think that intercessory prayer works when applied by Judeo-Christians, why wouldn't you think curses work when applied by witches?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 30, 2014 at 4:46 am)yoshirama Wrote: I was on another forum recently and the subject of witchcraft came up. One user said they wanted to curse someone using witchcraft. A christian user commented and told them not to because witch craft is against Christianity. I asked him if he really believed in witchcraft and he said witch craft is very real and it upsets god. I said you do realise that harry potter is fictional?.... no reply.

So christians on this forum do you believe in witchcraft and cursing people?

The getout response is normally witchcraft means something different than you think it does, without actually specifying what it does mean. At the same time they imply you are stupid because you don't know their definition of it.

God doesn't like it though, even though he supposedly created it and gave humans the ability to use it. Then again it would neglect our free will if we couldn't use it.
(January 30, 2014 at 5:07 am)Alex K Wrote:
(January 30, 2014 at 4:59 am)yoshirama Wrote: You did not answer do you believe that witchcraft is real?

Oh yes, and they are old school as hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG_te2VMq5Q

I sense great potential in this derail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGjD81pL9yg
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do christians believe in Witchcraft? Cecelia 55 14840 June 25, 2017 at 1:39 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Trump rids Oval Office of Witchcraft brewer 17 2698 February 15, 2017 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Witchcraft child abuse jonb 10 4068 August 21, 2012 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sarah Palin gets protection from witchcraft Ziploc Surprise 2 1587 January 21, 2012 at 7:16 am
Last Post: BloodyHeretic