Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mentally retarded people worth $2 dollars per hour
Mentally retarded people worth $2 dollars per hour
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4688134

Apparently.

Thoughts?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: Mentally retarded people worth $2 dollars per hour
Yeah I saw this on the Daily Show.

In the world of infotainment it's no surprise that these men get on TV.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I watched this on the daily show last night. I can't even.
I saw it on Secular Talk. These guys obviously don't give a shit about the poor. Wanting to get rid of the minimum wage, despite that raising the wage would help the economy by allowing people to spend more. Plus generally trying to restrict social aid systems like welfare and food stamps.

I may have been raised in a republican household, but I just can't vote for these people. What low income atheist would want to? Not that the democrats are without faults either, but republican just isn't the way to go.

Kyle explained how market income doesn't tell you how valuable a person is in everything, in a country where Justin Bieber is making more money than teachers and scientists.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I feel that no matter who you are, or what your mental/physical capabilities or disabilities are, if you work in the United States, you are qualified for minimum wage. PERIOD.

There was a huge ordeal about it with Good Will. They were hiring mentally and physically handicapped people and paying them a fraction of what they should have been paid.

I feel like the Good Will put one over on many of us, claiming they were bolstering opportunities for mentally and physically challenged people, when they were actually just using them for cheaper labor.

The Good Will is a turd painted gold.
However, is it the job of employers to fulfill that subsidy? An employer cannot fill a job whose output is worth less than what the job pays, at least not on a regular basis.

Most of the economic issues with the minimum wage (mainly underemployment of low-skilled workers) would disappear if the government subsidized it. If you work at a job that pays $6 an hour, the government pays the difference between that and the minimum wage.

I think the benefits of high employment would more than make up the costs of subsidizing the minimum wage. The percentage of workers who currently make minimum wage is less than 3% of the work force, so it's not like we're talking about supplementing the hourly wage of 50 million people.

If we as a nation think everyone who works should make at least a certain amount of money per hour, we should be willing to pay the cost rather than mandate someone else do it.
People working full time at a job shouldn't also have to rely on government funds just to pay the bills. Minimum wage should go up. It tends to make the economy better because workers are putting more back into the economy. Government funding for basic needs should be a temporary thing. Not standard.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(January 30, 2014 at 12:22 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: However, is it the job of employers to fulfill that subsidy? An employer cannot fill a job whose output is worth less than what the job pays, at least not on a regular basis.

Most of the economic issues with the minimum wage (mainly underemployment of low-skilled workers) would disappear if the government subsidized it. If you work at a job that pays $6 an hour, the government pays the difference between that and the minimum wage.

I think the benefits of high employment would more than make up the costs of subsidizing the minimum wage. The percentage of workers who currently make minimum wage is less than 3% of the work force, so it's not like we're talking about supplementing the hourly wage of 50 million people.

If we as a nation think everyone who works should make at least a certain amount of money per hour, we should be willing to pay the cost rather than mandate someone else do it.

We already do with those who work full time at minimum wage and still need government assistance.

I have someone close to me that has Downs Syndrome, she's also very advanced for having her condition, and it helps that hers is not very severe. When she does get of age, she deserves to get paid equally like everyone else. Her condition holds her back a little, but it will not be detrimental to her finding a place in society.
Quote:Most of the economic issues with the minimum wage (mainly underemployment of low-skilled workers) would disappear if the government subsidized it. If you work at a job that pays $6 an hour, the government pays the difference between that and the minimum wage.

Excuse me but these fuckers are trying to do away with food stamps because they dislike any taxation which goes to help people instead of pay off the military-industrial complex and you think they'd let their tea bagging scumbags in congress vote for something like that? Seriously????

These are people who think that low-skilled workers should be allowed to starve to death. You need to figure that out first.
Employers don't pay for people, they pay for work. A lot of jobs have disappeared because of the minimum wage because the jobs weren't worth the pay. A subsidized minimum wage would bring many of those jobs back, the ones that haven't been fully automated anyway.

With a subsidized minimum wage, anyone capable of working at all could find a job that matches their ability.

(January 30, 2014 at 12:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Most of the economic issues with the minimum wage (mainly underemployment of low-skilled workers) would disappear if the government subsidized it. If you work at a job that pays $6 an hour, the government pays the difference between that and the minimum wage.

Excuse me but these fuckers are trying to do away with food stamps because they dislike any taxation which goes to help people instead of pay off the military-industrial complex and you think they'd let their tea bagging scumbags in congress vote for something like that? Seriously????

These are people who think that low-skilled workers should be allowed to starve to death. You need to figure that out first.

Because you've never made a political suggestion that the current Congress wouldn't approve of, eh Mister Pragmatist?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This Is Worth A Look, I Think BrianSoddingBoru4 2 207 August 22, 2018 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  People who watch fox news know less about the world than people who watch no news. downbeatplumb 5 2948 December 13, 2011 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman