Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unofficial atheist anthem
Unofficial atheist anthem

What you guys think?
RE: Unofficial atheist anthem
Yea no thanks.
The atheist anthem should just be silence. When people ask why, we'd say, "that's the sound of God."
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I like this one...

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
"Atheist anthem"
Given the root of the word, I say its rather....ironic.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I entered this thread expecting to see the classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhq-yO1KN8

(Hey, there it is!)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Minority by Green Day. I've never listened to this song in the context of atheism before, but I just had an epiphany while listening to it, and it's pretty much perfect. I immediately thought of this thread.

It talks about not wanting to be apart of the moral majority and not being just another sheep in the herd. There are a couple other good ones in there. I love the song even more now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv3lTgGn0...ata_player

I'm seeing Billy Joel at the Hollywood Bowl in May... I'm so excited!
I don't think atheism needs an anthem, but if I were to use I'm Coming Out I would use the Dianna Ross original. I understand that the producers may have wanted to make the song more contemporary, but musicians have gone missing. Where's the bass? I mean, Bernard Edwards had his fingers all over the original. Also, the percussion sounds as if it's stuttering. The original was so good that this is almost painful to listen to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That unofficial cat thread. Brian37 13 1191 October 21, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat