Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone having a Super Bowl party?
Is anyone having a Super Bowl party?
We don't really have a party, just like 5 people. I try to make it fun for everyone, even if they don't care about football. We play commercial bingo (basically a bingo card with all the brands you think will have a commercial) and have to guess things like how long will it take to sing the National Anthem, which team will win the coin toss, who will score first, etc. I also give trivia questions about the teams, football in general, about the halftime performer. about the city they are playing in and things like that. Everyone seems to enjoy it no matter how they feel about football.
RE: Is anyone having a Super Bowl party?
Wow, I hate football and that does sound like fun.

I will be going about my evening like it's every other evening.
I prefer watching big games by myself. Parties are too distracting.

I have to work tomorrow so I'm just hoping I get home on time to catch the start. I'll probably be a little bit late though.
I never understood how gridiron was played.
But then a work colleague who was a fan explained it to me in detail.

Now I'm even more confused.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 1, 2014 at 9:24 pm)Zen Badger Wrote: I never understood how gridiron was played.
But then a work colleague who was a fan explained it to me in detail.

Now I'm even more confused.

Like most sports it's pretty impossible to explain in a conversation. You just have to learn by watching.

Not to mention how much more complicated and stupid the rules have gotten the last couple years. Even the referees don't know what's going on most of the time.
Alas, no. My beloved is off to be with my daughter for the pending arrival of our second grandchild. Even though the game is in town I am seriously considering going to a small club to check out The Chris Flory Trio.

Don't get me wrong, I like football; however, I recently moved to NYC and promised myself that if confronted with competing interests I would not choose the option that I could do anywhere else.
Sadly, no. I'll be on a plane to SF. Booking that flight was not one of my better moves.
I don't even know who is playing
(February 1, 2014 at 10:17 pm)Drich Wrote: I don't even know who is playing

Pro-tip: root for Seattle.

Big Grin
Considering that I hate sports, the chances of me having a Super Bowl party are zero.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funeral or reveal party? c172 57 7292 August 14, 2023 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Having, collecting and hoarding onlinebiker 67 3330 April 13, 2020 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1699 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Super hero movies sucks Sanau 7 558 March 29, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  Ultimate Dinner Party onlinebiker 10 910 October 23, 2019 at 11:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Uselss skills/qualifications! (#2) [NOT SUPER SERIOUS] ignoramus 44 2030 May 2, 2019 at 8:56 am
  Why do I keep having this same dream or at least a variation of it GODZILLA 13 1647 February 18, 2019 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  [NOTSERIOUS] Super heroes that need to be filmed. Gawdzilla Sama 12 942 February 9, 2019 at 3:10 pm
  Party like it's 19999? The Valkyrie 47 8645 April 18, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: KittyAnn
  party like it's 399? SaStrike 14 2014 April 17, 2018 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Little lunch