Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Computer Thread
The Computer Thread
So it's been two years since I've upgraded my system and more than 3 since I've upgraded my case. It's time for a change!

I've decided to stop striving for a smaller setup and start moving back into the beast world! My current board is micro with only 1 16x PCI-E which I've found to be pretty limiting lately...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813138332

And my computer case is a modular Antec Lanboy Air
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6811129093

I'm still running a high end outdated video card (NVIDIA) and would love to get a pair of cards for some surround gaming (Triple Screen Gaming).

Since I'll be getting my tax return and the bills are looking good... I'll start myself off with a new board and new case. I recently upgraded to a core i5 processor so I think my processor is good for now.

Here's what I think I'll be buying today.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6811133191
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131837

Any other computer nerds have some parts they are looking at lately?? Let's hear it.

Also, if there are any recommendations for me let me know :-)
RE: The Computer Thread
You have to change the board or computer and buy the latest to use.
use... what?
Personally, I prefer the Oculastia 450iiC with the newer creeping fowler system. I find it gives me a less of a modacular delay when I'm sorting frenzel smelches.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

I'm not a big fan of thermaltake cases. I don't own one, but I hear they're cheaply constructed.

I have the light edition of that motherboard. Haven't got it into production yet, as I'm planning some fancy VM configuration, and have just been too lazy.

I'll have to do it in steps. 1) plain vm on Mint, 2) plain Windows7 vm on Xen, 3) Windows 7 on Xen with hardware pass-through.

However my health and other matters have kept the computer stuff on the back burner.

My budgeting is behind schedule, I'm aiming to get a 55 gallon aquarium, I've got legal problems, and I've got to start preparing for school next year. Computers round up the rear.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
http://www.ibuypower.com/

I bought one of these two years ago. It's a beast.
Thank you, everyone, for giving me your make and model of computer so I may advance my plan of killing AF. Next, would you all give me you passwords? Just PM them to me. Smile

In all seriousness, I don't think it's smart to post this kinda stuff online Wink
IN SACULA SAECULORUM
(February 15, 2014 at 1:04 am)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote: In all seriousness, I don't think it's smart to post this kinda stuff online Wink

In all seriousness, I don't think you know the first thing about it.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(February 15, 2014 at 1:04 am)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote: Thank you, everyone, for giving me your make and model of computer so I may advance my plan of killing AF. Next, would you all give me you passwords? Just PM them to me. Smile

In all seriousness, I don't think it's smart to post this kinda stuff online Wink

ROFLOL

Hahahahaha, I have to know, what exactly is anyone going to do with such valuable information? Pahahahahaaaa.
(February 15, 2014 at 1:07 am)rasetsu Wrote:
(February 15, 2014 at 1:04 am)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote: In all seriousness, I don't think it's smart to post this kinda stuff online Wink

In all seriousness, I don't think you know the first thing about it.

In all seriousness, you are stupid.
IN SACULA SAECULORUM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple computer! zebo-the-fat 8 636 September 22, 2023 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Could we teach a computer to lie? Mechaghostman2 8 576 October 27, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ever feel like eating your computer? paulpablo 9 1102 October 9, 2016 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What computer do you have? paulpablo 67 10962 September 29, 2016 at 9:22 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Computer memory and storage dyresand 22 3182 June 29, 2016 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Any computer nerds here? Hard reboots abaris 37 7035 March 31, 2016 at 7:57 am
Last Post: rado84
  Time to build a new computer ... Aractus 34 6289 August 14, 2014 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Nine
  Technology, video, phone & computer questions Angrboda 26 5610 January 1, 2014 at 2:21 am
  The Heretic Becomes a Businessman: The story of computer repair Creed of Heresy 4 2393 April 8, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Baalzebutt
  new computer paulpablo 11 4986 March 14, 2013 at 2:28 pm