Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do You Waste Your Time on the Internet?
How Do You Waste Your Time on the Internet?
Every time I got to Wikipedia or TV Tropes, I end up spending hours there. I just can't help but click links and open new tabs.

Also, Youtube. First I'm watching a cute cat video someone sent me, then I'm watching 20 more cute cat videos, then I see a link to a cute PANDA video, then goats... and it just goes on and on.
RE: How Do You Waste Your Time on the Internet?
I mostly spend a lot of time on YouTube and imdb. I end up wasting a lot of time on there when I do get on.
I found my self you tubing how to fix my watch and 12 hours later I was on marriage proposal fails.. WTF.. how does that happen?
Well I usually go on other forums to post on, watch anime, read stuff, watch videos, log in to Steam, look at television ratings sometimes, mock things like fanfiction and people who are asking for it, and looking at the latest news for things that are in my interest. Pretty sure that covers everything.
I use Pulse and Twitter to load articles into Pocket. I play a little chess and am constantly accessing for facts and/or informal research into whatever amuses me at the moment. Occasionally I'll poach some free jazz guitar lessons.

I use a corporate intranet constantly for work since I am co-located with my customer.
Checking out TV Tropes, lazing around here, arguing with people on TTA, checking out anime/movie reviews, watching Elders React, listening to audiobooks, telling off the Russians on Blind Art forums, doing research for Mr. Ned
Here.

So many jesus freaks....so little time.
[Image: 7mZXA09.gif]
Chatting. I'm a huge gossip Wink .. well not really, but I do chat with my friends a lot ... or I'd be checking in here. Online shopping takes up SO MUCH time. I can't even look at a website without wasting hours, so I don't do that often, but when I do, :/ .
http://www.bigsoccer.com
https://www.facebook.com/corym.farmer.7 (playing Farmville 2, following family posts, following a couple cystic fibrosis pages, motorsports etc)
OKCupid, just out of curiosity
depressionforums.org, occasionally
two disability forums

I like to interact. Not in real life, really, but online.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Internet Utopia Ahriman 71 5080 October 7, 2021 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Mid-late 2000's internet was the best time for the web. Mechaghostman2 6 800 June 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  How are you passing your time now? ignoramus 28 1788 March 24, 2020 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why is it internet fandom has some of the nastiest people? A Godzilla fan 10 798 October 7, 2019 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Your all-time favorite hallucination? Gawdzilla Sama 43 2773 September 29, 2018 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Shut Everything Down - Barack Obama Just Won The Internet BrianSoddingBoru4 30 2651 August 5, 2018 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Once again time for how much time you've spent here Foxaèr 23 2595 April 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Pick the time you want me off Mystic 42 4897 February 1, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How would you like to dispose of your body when the time comes? Whateverist 107 12628 December 19, 2017 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What is it that makes people so mean on the internet? NuclearEnergy 9 1091 October 23, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: c172