Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So.. I got my Miracle Water today.
So.. I got my Miracle Water today.
On a goof, I ordered my free sample of Peter Popoffs Miracle Water!

Today it arrived in the mail complete with "Special Instructions' and a very small plastic pouch of what I assume is water.
So.. I wonder to myself... how can a snake-oil salesman with a sadly bad rep still make himself a prophet? Can any believer in a god please tell me how this is real? I must also add that it came with a free return envelope with a "suggested"($19.00) amount of money to send back.
RE: So.. I got my Miracle Water today.
For anyone unfamiliar with this scam, dprjones did a short video series on the Popoff worm. This one offers some practical advice for what to do regarding donations. It focusses on his magic salt gimmick but all the junkmail that comes with it is the same for all his shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL9EtqCCR...5BD883826C
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 4, 2014 at 5:45 pm)Stimbo Wrote:

Of course my skeptic ears popped up when I saw this on TV. I'm new on the forum, sorry I didn't know about the previous posts. But still...ROFLOL
For the record, and to allay your concerns over previous posts, dprjones is a popular Youtuber and not a member of AF.org. No apologies necessary.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
It is my hope there is a special place in hell for people like that.
For once, I agree. With one alteration - I'd make it a wish rather than a hope.
(February 4, 2014 at 6:44 pm)Drich Wrote: It is my hope there is a special place in hell for people like that.

Yeah. You know I think we as Christians should do more about this sort of thing. We're not great at self regulating.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(February 4, 2014 at 5:22 pm)Mostlyoffensive Wrote: On a goof, I ordered my free sample of Peter Popoffs Miracle Water!

Today it arrived in the mail complete with "Special Instructions' and a very small plastic pouch of what I assume is water.
So.. I wonder to myself... how can a snake-oil salesman with a sadly bad rep still make himself a prophet? Can any believer in a god please tell me how this is real? I must also add that it came with a free return envelope with a "suggested"($19.00) amount of money to send back.

And we're called gullible, most Christians see right through this kind of thing, they are in the minority, yet most non-believers believe we are all this way, more gullibility on the part of non-believers.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Actually, it's more parasitism - predation of people's gullibility. Whether subtly by clergy or more openly by Popoff and his breed, if you lack an evidence filter or critical thinking skills, you might just as well sit on a plate and hand yourself to any passing conman.
(February 4, 2014 at 8:08 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(February 4, 2014 at 5:22 pm)Mostlyoffensive Wrote: On a goof, I ordered my free sample of Peter Popoffs Miracle Water!

And we're called gullible, most Christians see right through this kind of thing, they are in the minority, yet most non-believers believe we are all this way, more gullibility on the part of non-believers.

GC

Actually, most non believers know that this type of guy and his followers represent a minority within the Christian community.

Unfortunately, like many minorities within a group, these and extremists are also the most vocal.

RJA
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the lamest "miracle"? Thor 32 6306 November 23, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 8276 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1651 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 3589 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2017 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Miracle of the Sun. Jehanne 9 1422 August 20, 2018 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Miracle Spring water Joods 24 3693 June 27, 2018 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Just looking for some fun reactions to today's Bible reading drfuzzy 13 2261 January 29, 2018 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  The undeniable miracle at Fatima pabsta 582 154833 August 19, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Another fake Catholic miracle. Jehanne 96 19387 August 11, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Brian37