Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever actually gone to "Answers in Genesis.com?"
Holy shit it's hilarious!

I googled random questions about creation, evolution, the flood, and so on to see how ridiculous some of the articles were.

A few articles claim to accept some principles of evolution. You know they're fucked when they have to borrow from the worldview they crusade against just to explain the ridiculous accounts of the bible.

There's an article about the ark where they say carnivorous dinosaurs ate dried turtle meat for sustenance. They also claim there were only a few dinosaurs because the tumultuous amounts of fossils that have been found are not of real dinosaurs.

I'm laughing my ass off. I'm also drunk. Might have something to do with it.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Edward Gibbon
RE: Have you ever actually gone to "Answers in Genesis.com?"
I go there sometimes, but only when some christian has used it as a source and I need to quote the statement of faith there, where it outright admits it'll ignore anything that contradicts the bible. That's a useful quote, but otherwise... no: I don't find lies to be funny, even when they're ridiculous lies.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I don't find lies funny. I find stupidity funny. These people are stupid. Not liars. They truly believe in what they write.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Edward Gibbon
Answers in Genesis was way worse back in 2003-2004. Super bad. Shortly afterward somebody took over and redid a lot of it.

Surprisingly enough, they are way more believable now than they were back then.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
I hadn't even heard of AiG until I became an atheist. Not too surprising, since I was taught christianity by my grandmother. To her credit, though, she does know how to operate a VCR. Which doesn't seem as great now, since even that is outdated, but it was back in my day.

Back in my day we couldn't pause and rewind live TV, and the internet was as slow as molasses. It was any but high speed.

Anyway, no. I'm not real interested in AiG or Ken Ham. The finstones was not a documentary.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Nope.
(February 7, 2014 at 11:40 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Back in my day we couldn't pause and rewind live TV, and the internet was as slow as molasses. It was any but high speed.

Using the phrase "back in my day" and the word "internet" in the same sentence makes me feel like I'm getting old or something.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
The dreaded picking up the phone just to be a dick days.
Visiting AiG must be done with the same mindset of the man who repeatedly struck himself in the head with a hammer because it felt so good when he stopped.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: u5u4umy9.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think we could/will ever have two dominant[prime] species? Heat 11 3315 November 21, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Do you think we will ever know what causes Homosexuality pop_punks_not_dead 45 12607 February 8, 2014 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: là bạn điên
  Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth Alter2Ego 190 73642 August 23, 2013 at 6:14 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  What DNA Actually Looks Like Rayaan 6 1605 December 2, 2012 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  HNS Gone By Multiple Causes...if "Gone" is even the right word. Minimalist 0 867 February 9, 2012 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  youtubes major answers to creationism, dna, evolution. leo-rcc 0 2209 October 31, 2008 at 8:50 am
Last Post: leo-rcc