Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There isn't a "war on women"
There isn't a "war on women"
Except when there is...

http://mobile.rawstory.com/therawstory/#...186cc54a36
RE: There isn't a "war on women"
Yes there is...and you are losing.

Especially in shitholes like Alabama.
What the FUCK? This is utterly horrific!
Some may call them junk, I call them treasures.
It's like these words never existed

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.
Wow.

If I had a dollar for every time I read or heard something against women, atheists, Mexicans, and bisexuals...

What a sad little world.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Right here with ya sister

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women and Assault FrustratedFool 17 1142 September 2, 2023 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Sudan: The real cause behind the war WinterHold 4 478 June 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3138 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5034 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Trump declaring civil war, turning to global WW3 WinterHold 19 834 November 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 935 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4538 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Equal pay for women's soccer or no Fed funding bill brewer 55 4792 August 4, 2019 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1089 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  War is nonsense and manipulation and there is no reason to fight? Interaktive 47 3272 March 31, 2019 at 9:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger