Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intro
intro
Hey I'm dave.. I'm a christian ann I needed a place to ask questions and discuss various religious beliefs. I won't try and convert anyone, just looking for intillegent discussion and a place that won't boot me for expressing my views and asking others questions.
RE: intro
Welcome along. We certainly won't boot you out for entering into intelligent discussion...
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hello tackattack. Welcome to AF! We are in need of some Christians on this forum...enjoy your stay
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance
Hello Dave,

Welcome to the forums.

(December 2, 2009 at 5:56 am)tackattack Wrote: Hey I'm dave.. I'm a christian ann I needed a place to ask questions and discuss various religious beliefs.

Then why register at a place where the people have no religious belief? Do you discuss hair colours on a forum for bald men too?

(December 2, 2009 at 5:56 am)tackattack Wrote: I won't try and convert anyone,

Good, saves you a lot of time that way. Smile

(December 2, 2009 at 5:56 am)tackattack Wrote: just looking for intillegent discussion and a place that won't boot me for expressing my views and asking others questions.

As long as you play by the rules, we will certainly do the same.

Please excuse my tone of the post, but this kind of introduction is not the first one I've read so I am a bit skeptic on your motivation. But I am always happy to be proven wrong.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Welcome tackattack, to the forums! Most of us will play fair, if you follow the rules, that is.
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
Welcome to the forums! The forums was st up specifically for conversations between theists and atheists, so you've found a great place.

As long as you follow the rules, you'll do fine. We've had our fair share of intelligent theists here, and we welcome such debate.
Welcome tackattack!

Please define intelligent discussion. We harbour all kinds of discussion here.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
(December 2, 2009 at 5:56 am)tackattack Wrote: Hey I'm dave.. I'm a christian ann I needed a place to ask questions and discuss various religious beliefs. I won't try and convert anyone, just looking for intillegent discussion and a place that won't boot me for expressing my views and asking others questions.

Welcome Smile With the formalities out of the way... What are your views? Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Welcome tacky. This is certainly the place to be free to discuss openly with non theists about religious beliefs - they love it! Big Grin There's a bevvy of filled wheelbarrows of rhetoric just out back ...but mainly AF does try to be fair and is the best of it's ilk I've found. Heart
Welcome to AF. Can't wait to hear what you have to say, I just hope you can take a lashing. LOL

Seriously, welcome.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro DocIllinois 14 1206 August 6, 2021 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belated intro Dom 20 1746 September 29, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Intro Reltzik 21 1004 September 26, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Intro Bow Before Zeus 15 1891 November 14, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  intro JamieBra 28 5169 September 23, 2017 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  MY INTRO rjh4 is back 7 1317 August 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Intro Court Jester 25 5002 June 24, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: KerimF
Bug I guess I should intro Monkeybuttorama 21 3893 May 26, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  intro Otisknows 17 2438 February 6, 2017 at 12:02 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Slightly Generic and Dramatic Intro Thread Redoubtable 16 3380 February 5, 2017 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Otisknows