Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism Destroyed By Fire (Of Proof) II
Atheism Destroyed By Fire (Of Proof) II
Man makes imperfect laws which are violable, changeable, and have exceptions. These imperfect laws are the necessary products of man's imperfect intelligence.

However, there are perfect laws which are superior to us, i.e. which control the universe and its contents - they are inviolable, permanent, and have no exceptions. If these laws, i.e. the natural laws, are perfect, they must necessarily be the products of a perfect, supreme Intelligence - i.e. God, at least if they are not God themselves.

The laws exhibit the same absolute attributes as those of God Himself. Where we don't acknowledge the intelligence back of the supreme laws, then the laws themselves, as a body, we recognize as a supreme body of laws. And the supreme body, i.e. the supreme being, is God in action.

Among the 37 natural laws are the Laws of Change, of Opposites, of Natural Justice, of Parsimony, of Economy of Life (Death), of Balance, of Purposive Occurrence, of Identical Unsameness etc. etc.

(Now ready for the debate proper.)
RE: Atheism Destroyed By Fire (Of Proof) II
Well that was disappointing..
Starts a new topic for each post, after being warned not to. You may want to hurry up and post your proof, you may not have much time left.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(February 14, 2014 at 3:51 pm)jideoni charles Wrote: Man makes imperfect laws which are violable, changeable, and have exceptions. These imperfect laws are the necessary products of man's imperfect intelligence.

However, there are perfect laws which are superior to us, i.e. which control the universe and its contents - they are inviolable, permanent, and have no exceptions. If these laws, i.e. the natural laws, are perfect, they must necessarily be the products of a perfect, supreme Intelligence - i.e. God, at least if they are not God themselves.

The laws exhibit the same absolute attributes as those of God Himself. Where we don't acknowledge the intelligence back of the supreme laws, then the laws themselves, as a body, we recognize as a supreme body of laws. And the supreme body, i.e. the supreme being, is God in action.

Among the 37 natural laws are the Laws of Change, of Opposites, of Natural Justice, of Parsimony, of Economy of Life (Death), of Balance, of Purposive Occurrence, of Identical Unsameness etc. etc.

(Now ready for the debate proper.)
Get to it then! So far this is well trodden ground.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(February 14, 2014 at 3:56 pm)Insanity Wrote: Well that was disappointing..

disappointed that you can't detect any flaws therein?
Yeah, it's pretty rock-solid. I almost fainted when I saw that you were going to help us understand the immutable Law of Identical Unsameness. GOD IS GOOD!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I think he's disappointed that there is no substance to what you post. For example, parsimony is not a law.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(February 14, 2014 at 4:03 pm)jideoni charles Wrote:
(February 14, 2014 at 3:56 pm)Insanity Wrote: Well that was disappointing..

disappointed that you can't detect any flaws therein?

Yeah.. That.. Shit, now how am I going to be able to get away with all my sinning!?
jacob,

i am ready for them.
(February 14, 2014 at 4:09 pm)jideoni charles Wrote: jacob,

i am ready for them.

No, I mean get to supplying truth! All you've hit them with so far is a variation on the complex universe implies a complex designer argument which is about the oldest in the book. I'm assuming there's more! Hit them with it!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism Destroyed By Fire (Of Proof) I jideoni charles 96 17008 February 17, 2014 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor