Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be honest
Be honest
As the youngest of my mothers second marriage and eldest of my bio fathers fourth I and my siblings have had the debate well into adulthood: "who's the favorite?" (Moms marriage) My brother and step-brothers think I'm the favorite. (Dad's marriage) I and the youngest Kayla think Leah is the favorite. Do parents REALLY have favorites?
RE: Be honest
Only child here Smile
(February 15, 2014 at 12:59 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: As the youngest of my mothers second marriage and eldest of my bio fathers fourth I and my siblings have had the debate well into adulthood: "who's the favorite?" (Moms marriage) My brother and step-brothers think I'm the favorite. (Dad's marriage) I and the youngest Kayla think Leah is the favorite. Do parents REALLY have favorites?

hmmm...I dunno. Parents will say no but their actions sometimes show something different. I would have to say yes they do.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
In my experience, they tell you you're their favorite when you're alone with them.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 15, 2014 at 1:07 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: In my experience, they tell you you're their favorite when you're alone with them.

Are you sure that wasn't your priest?Thinking

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Well I know why my brothers say I'm Daddy's fave, it's cuz I'm the girl he and his first wife always wanted. Me and Kayla think Leah is the fave of Larry's because she's the only one who wants to be an accountant like him. But all of us are just guessing.
My daughter (11) keeps asking and we tell her off. I love them both for different reasons. Impossible to say which one most.
This is accurate, sometimes anyway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvpSP4fIz_U

My children are young adults. I certainly don't love either one more than the other, but each one can be my favorite at any moment in time. I can be very proud of either and sometimes they do shit that reminds me of the clip I shared. If I had to choose it would come down to what day and time you were to ask.

My grandmother had 24 grandchildren. At her funeral a few years ago (she was 93 so most of us were adults at the time) one of my cousins brought up the fact that Grandma didn't have favorites. I couldn't give the comment much thought becuase I couldn't get beyond how odd the consideration was.
(February 15, 2014 at 1:27 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: My daughter (11) keeps asking and we tell her off. I love them both for different reasons. Impossible to say which one most.

This. You love them differently because the are different people. Can't compare them.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Honestly.... Yes.

They'll never admit it though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  are any of you honest enough to simply answer the question asked? Drich 120 10733 February 13, 2019 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2121 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
Photo Going to be brutally honest - BLM edition dyresand 26 2970 August 31, 2016 at 11:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  A honest statement dyresand 6 878 April 15, 2016 at 1:22 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How honest should parents be? paulpablo 282 54720 January 8, 2016 at 6:26 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Oh, gosh, I'm going to have to be honest with my siser Foxaèr 10 2080 May 6, 2014 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Are there any honest computer tec sites? Brian37 7 1930 December 18, 2013 at 4:48 am
Last Post: LastPoet